How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

The /yousave3 deal only works if your account is already expired. I too received the crazy renewal invoice for $271.32 for the one year all access renewal. I just called, explained that I could not afford this. The CSR saw that I paid $119.XX last year. I told him I would renew at that rate. He put me on hold to supposedly check with his supervisor, and yes, it was approved. So - another year of XM All Access will be $146.23 total with all fees and taxes. Very good. We'll take it. There must be a lot of people who have this on auto renewal and don't even look at this bill for this to make sense for Sirius to do things this way. Just pay attention, spend 5 minutes on the phone, and they will fix/adjust it.

Just called to renew the $24.99 for 6 mos. that just expired. Told it didn't exist any more, but she could offer $98 a year. Said that was 4x what I was willing to pay. Offered $45 for 6 mos. Said that was no different than the $98 a year and would only pay the $25. Offered $60 for 6 mos. Said that was more then twice what I was willing to pay. Again told it was unavailable, but she could give me a $20 credit to make it $25. Thank you. Jeez. Stop making me jump through hoops to gthe what you could have given me in th first place.

Love this site! Had just gotten my SiriusXM renewal offer email after a 2-month free trial: ~$30 for 5 months or $99 for a year. Used the link suggested here (siriusxm.com/yousave3) to see if other offers were available. Plugged in my info and got the same 12-month rate but also got a 6-month offer for the same rate as the 5-month deal they had sent me by email. Took the 6-months, obviously. With tax, just under $6/mo. That's a keeper. Had to laugh at the estimated monthly rate shown after this term expires: $18 . Really? (In best Jerry Seinfeld voice) I don't think so. Also guarded against an inadvertent renewal at the increased rate by using a Citi virtual account number: good 1 time only, so they won't be able to automatically renew me at the 3x going rate. We'll have to negotiate a much better rate than that. See ya in 6 months!

I tried she was nasty,said ill give you a free radio...no..I'll call back another day I guess

Guest said, 'The /yousave3 deal only works if your account is already expired.'

Nope. I still have 15 days on my new car trial and got the deal two days ago.

'The /yousave3 deal only works if your account is already expired.'

Not at all correct. I have weeks left on my initial new car trial and used the link two days ago.

Took a little over 10 minutes to renew 2 radios with the SELECT plan for $99/year for each of them. My original invoice was for $179.88/year. Of course, they would not give me anything until the nice representative said 'so you would cancel the service under your current invoice'. Upon saying 'yes', the $99 offer was presented. I made sure I specified that I only wanted an annual plan, and not anything monthly. I am all good for another year. Yes, painful each year, but worth it.

I spoke to 2 Sirius XM reps this morning regarding All Access offers. My free trial expires in 2 days. The best they would offer is $49.99 of All Access for 6 months ($56 with taxes). I tried to offer them $40 for 6 months, but they said no. I will wait for my trial to expire and try again.

As I just learned, how you word your request to the CSR matters. I told her I didn't want to renew because I couldn't afford the extremely high renewal price. She said 'I'm sorry you're experiencing financial difficulties' and promptly processed my cancellation. Every other time they've come at me with a dozen counters. This time ...not one.

Folks, I'll make this easy. I just did this 5 minutes ago and got all access for $49/6 mo. Please take in mind that the call center people are employees and have to go by the Sirius protocol. They need to hear you say that you will cancel if you do not get the promotion (they need to log this in their record before offering the promotion). They will attempt to offer you the yearly deal (which is more expensive) before offering you the 6 mo deals, just politely decline.

Currently these are the best deals (correct me if I'm wrong):

$99/1 year - car radio only (not good)
$49/6 mo - all access
$25/5 mo - car radio only
$25/6 mo - car radio only

1. Call them and tell them you will cancel your subscription if you don't get (insert promotion). Tell them your current renewal rate is just too expensive.

2. They will offer you one the yearly rates first. Tell them no it's more expensive than the 6 mos rate (My call rep actually agreed... he was just going through the motions). They will eventually offer you the promotion.

3. If you are not paying by card (which I recommend) but are on mailing invoice, you can also request to waive the paper billing fee ($2). They will honor this request also. That's it.

My free trial is ending and I just signed up for 6-months of All Access for $49.99 plus fees, which was $56 total. Their 12-month offer was $136 and they would not give me 12-months for double the 6-month price.

My husband paid the bill when it came in at $112 for 6 months. After reading this site, I renegotiated by phone our Select Plan, 6 months, $42 including fees. They are refunding amount overpaid.

My XMSelect promotion of 6mo/$25 was coming up for renewal at 6mo for $96.87. The counter offers were 1 yr/$99, then 6mo/$44. After the CSR talked with the manager he offered the same promotion I had before 6mo/$25. Just tell them you don't want to pay more than you did before.

Just got our price of $106.97 Select Pack for 1 year reduced from $204.88 after being switched to cancellation department. Very nice on phone. Our account was set to renew on 12/12. They credited the amount/days left on the contract.

Just got the 5 mo for $24.99 $3.47 royalty fee. Great, I get to call back in another 4 months to go through this silly game again since you are automatically billed at whatever the new rate is in effect at the time of renewal! What a scam. This may be my last renewal...

Worked for me just now on my 2 units except the total was $60 and change. I figured that was still a great deal since she removed the pro-rated charge for 10 days since they renewed on November 13. She started with $99 plus royalties plus tax and I kept saying it was too much.

Back