How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

It worked! They wanted to charge me $15 month for each of my 3 cars after I have been a customer for over 4 years. We were going to cancel and I told rep I saw $85 A year rate and she gave it for each of the 3 cars. Did not cancel because of this!

Guest 3 days ago said: 'My original renewal was going to be $273.22. I called and said I didn't want to renew because of the increase price. They lowered the price to $120 for my car and online streaming. The weird thing was that they cut the US Music Royalty fee in half from $33.34 to $16 '

FYI, that's because the royalty fee is based on a percentage of what your subscription fee is - so a cheaper package deal reduces the extra fees too.

Just called and talked to 2 different people and neither would budge on the price. They were more than willing to cancel my subscription. After all the years I've been with them they didn't care. They even made notes to my account saying not to give a discount.

I've been getting the 6 mos for $24.99, just call to cancel on the last day. I tell them I cannot afford to pay more, which is actually true. After 5 minutes of standing my ground, they renew my promotion for another 6 mos as the same price. Been doing this now for 5 years.

Mine was this month and had been getting the 5/mo $29.99 offer and the 12/mo for $99.00. I went online and punched in my radio ID and $89.99 for a year popped up so I took that. Says it will renew next year at $204 for the year so I will need to call prior to that renewing.

It took a little longer for me b/c my account was past due by a month. They wanted to charge me $21 for the month plus $95/yr. I told them it was still too expensive and they waived the $21 charge. $120.65 with all taxes/ fees for 12 months. Be sure to go back into your account online and remove your credit card info so you don't have to remember to call back before the year is up otherwise they will automatically bill you at full price.

Just got the $25.00 for 6 months (total $29.55 with tax/royalty fees). I've been doing this for 4 years. Just need to make certain you call a couple days prior to expiration of 6-month plan.

I was able to reduce the annual charge to $99. Did not have to haggle, just explained it was my daughter's car and it was too high at $200 renewal rate. They offered the new rate immediately. Good luck

got renewed for 6 months (not at previous $24.99 for 6 months) at the new LOW rate of $34. That is just $5.67 per month. This was for 3 cars.

Apparently taxes are different in Florida. After a little talk with the helpful rep, His initial offer was for radio 1 - All Access for $119.88 ($154 with taxes and fees) and radio 2 - Select for $99 ($117.35 with taxes and fees). After talking to his supervisor, he brought down the total with taxes and fees to $140.00 (All Access) and $110 (Select) with all taxes and fees. I don't think I got too ripped off (or more than usual for XM). They should have a loyalty program.

I'm confused. People post rates of $24.99 for 6 mos, $99 for 12 mos, $29.99 for 5 mos, 85 for 12 mos, $5 for 1 month, etc, etc.
In each case the poster is proud of the accomplishment. ????

I trust there is no longer a 'Lifetime Subscription?'

I'm confused. People post rates of $24.99 for 6 mos, $99 for 12 mos, $29.99 for 5 mos, 85 for 12 mos, $5 for 1 month, etc, etc.
In each case the poster is proud of the accomplishment. ????

I trust there is no longer a 'Lifetime Subscription?'

The lifetime subscription has gone the way of the dodo. It is no longer available.

From this page: "Please note that Lifetime subscriptions are no longer being offered to new subscribers."

I just received the $200 renewal email and called to cancel. Told him I will not pay $200 per year, so he offered $99 per year. I told him I want the $25 for six months instead or I will cancel. He gave it to me.

Thanks for the info. My 'intro rate' ran out last month, and my fee went from $4/month to $25! All it took was a call, and basically just telling them I wanted the $25 for 5, and they gave it to me with almost no argument. I did have to pay tax and a fee, biu I think it came to $28, so I didn't argue. It still makes me a little mad they can justify the 'standard' rates as high as they do.

12 yr subscriber to the original Sirius. They have always been amenable to pricing discounts. Contract expires this week, and they won't budge. Very frustrating. I guess it’s time to move on.

I just tried to renew with my promo rate from last time and they denied it! They would rather me cancel and walk away then to renew me a reasonable rate. All is use sometimes is the Travellink for my navigation system..I don't even listen to the music and they still refused to give me a new deal

I was offered $99 for 12 months or $44 for 6 months. I didn't question them too much - I asked for the $89 for 12 months and they said they don't offer that anymore. I took the $44 for 6 months. Was on the phone for about 5 minutes.

HURRAY! I just received 50% off. Now why don't they just charge less? Anyway thank you.

Back