How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

XM Canada Select Plan .....advertised fee 15.99 CDN / month (PLUS FEES) .... Spoke with a gentleman in Cairo, Egypt .... $36.00 (plus fees) OTD for under 45.00 CDN for six months....

Turned me down cold, I've been with them for three years. Doesn't matter, there are too many alternatives nowadays.

I been gone for about two years. They asked me if I want 3 months free and after that $20 month. I told her I used to be $89 a year. She gave me that with no problems.

This morning, I told a rep exactly what I wanted, but it was a no go. This afternoon, I said Cancel, and I renewed for $25 for 5 months. Key? Tell them you will Cancel! The rep said that she would ask her supervisor, but simply said OK.

Called this morning and was offered $99 for a year and $ 25.00 for 5 months. Plus the royalty fees and tax. I took the $99.00 for a year total out of pocket was $129.38!!!

There are multiple offers out there to restart cancelled service, the best I've seen is 5 months for $20 (siriusxm.com/lowrates83) but there are others out there, for example,
...85 is 5 montsh for $25,
...86 is 6 months for $25,
I used the ...83 link for $20 because I think that's pretty much the cheapest you will get their 'select' plan. You will need your account number if you want to sub to this on-line (without talking to a rep).

was turned down, was told it was 38 a month--I've been a double radio customer for 12 years--didn't matter--I cancelled , Spotify is FREE !!!!!

Go straight to cancellation on phone options. Tell operator you are going to cancel because the price is to high. Got 5 for $25 on 2 radios. Was told 6 month offer no longer available.

Called this morning and started with a statement saying I needed to cancel due to the high renewal cost. He immediately said that they could offer me something and asked what I saw offered. I told him $24.99 for 6 months. He checked and then said that they could also offer me $99 for 1 year, but I told him I wanted the $24.99 rate. He then checked and said it wasn't available on my radio model. I told him if I didn't get the $24.99 I'd have to cancel. He 'checked with his supervisor' and then offered me the deal. Easy peesy...took less than 10 minutes total. He was very helpful and friendly.

I just called and told the rep that I wanted to cancel because too expensive. She offered $120 plus all fees which comes to $145. I said I would do it if I could get All Access (what I have currently) for $120 TOTAL. She agreed after speaking to her supervisor. Total bill for 1 year of All Access $120. NMB, SC

I also said I wanted to cancel and they offered me 6 months for $28.46 including taxes and fees.

I called and told them I would like to cancel because my renewal rate is too high. They first offered 1 year for $99, and then I said no thank you and they offered 6 months for $45. I said no and requested $25 for 5 months to match my last renewal and they said no problem.

3 year Sirius subscriber, started with them when I got a new vehicle. I like the programming, but we also have very good local radio where I live. have Sirius renewal coming up tomorrow, called to 'cancel' today, or else renew if they could give me a good rate plus add on All Access. CSR offered All Access at no cost, but wouldn't go below $129/year plus fees total price.

3 minute phone conversation...cancelled

Thanks for everyone posting as comments were a great help! I spent about 15 mins. and got 6 months @ $24.99. Kept saying I couldn't afford it and wanted a similar deal to the original promo of $30/6 mos. Rep took was able to add a 'free' month to the offer of $25/5 mos. Hope this helps someone else. Pay it forward!

Called in to renew for 5 months at $25 for the 20th time and Rep said they no longer offered that and it was now 5 months for $30. I said cancel if I can't get the $25 and she cancelled my subscription.

Back