How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

Just called and said that I was not pleased with the auto renew charge that just showed up on my bill and that unless they can come up with a better plan, I am canceling. I was open and said that I had the 5 months for 24.99 plan before. The rep immediately said, we can make this work and offered me....for 2 cars...$54.81 for 5 months. He also credited back the renewal charge and waived the $2 invoice fee.

Have XM select for two vehicles subscription expiring and sent invoice for $74.98 for 3 months. Called and was offered $99.00 per radio for year. Then offered $44 per radio for 6 months. said still to high, offered 5 months for $28.46 with taxes per radio. Same as last renewal.

Just called and asked to cancel my service, I was asked for the reasoning and I explained the cost was getting to be too much. I was offered $99/year for select and was credited the balance remaining on my current subscription. Took about 10 minutes, no waiting.

Went to renew one day early. They said it was $99.00 for one year. I said I could not afford and that I was cancelling. They said they would check. Came back with another figure and I told them again it was too much. Got another 5 mos. for 24.99 plus the invoice fee and taxes! They also gave me a .19 credit for renewing one day early.

They charged me $204.88 for an annual renewal for the Select Plan (has everything) which is a little over $17 per month. I said the price was too high and so they offered an annual plan of $99 for the same. They agreed to credit my card back the difference.

I asked for a yearly plan no more then $99 including taxes and they wouldn't make a deal so I canceled.

I just called in about my $204.88 renewal charge. Because of this site, I told the girl the fee was too much for a radio I hardly use. she offered me $99/yr but I asked if there was a shorter term I could go, so she offered a 6 month for SiriusXM Select for $44.97 plus tax and fees. With an early renewal ( renewal date=12/14/15) I got a refund of unused service, so final cost was $26.83. Will need to remember to call again in April 2016. Now this is a reasonable price. Still have paid too much for my car service, but I'll tackle that another day.
Thanks for everyone taking the time to write of their experiences!

5 months for $38.55, received my renewal 6 days after my expiration date, sued that as leverage to eliminate the 6 days difference between my expiration and renewal date. Had to go back an forth a few times, maybe 10 minutes total on the phone, was nice the entire time.

Yes, just say you want to cancel! I was fighting with them about my renewal, and I was reading to them what they were giving other people in the comments below. They kept saying nothing was available. I finally took the advice of everyone below and said I want to cancel and then I was quickly transferred to 'someone who may be able to find a deal for me.' So I too just received the $99 a year for select.

I must be missing something... lot's of Guests getting ~$24.99 for five months and similar rate for six months service, yet I continually see Guests bragging about getting them down to ~$99 for 12 months.

What gives?

just called to tell Sirius I could not pay the $101.88 accumulated charges (beyond my expiration rate). I got $61.67 credit, and the 5mos./$24.99. I told them also that I was paying by check, so that they have no leverage accruing charges to my account, when they have no way of collecting until I call and discuss. One drawback: the service I will be receiving is for the Select package, not the one I had previously. They didn't offer me any breaks for that package. So.......

I just negotiated, which took FOREVER, back and forth w/supervisor. My original bill was for $68.31 quarterly for 2 cars ($546.48). Finally, I got $118 first car for one year and $147.34 for the second car, incl a 3 month free 'trial'. This is the all access (for us Howard Stern channel is a must). They did agree to $99 for the select program for your information. Good luck...I am exhausted from this (not to mention the telephone rep's english was hard to understand).

Called on expiration day(10/28/15) told them I wanted 6 mo for $25 for Select. No problem, took 5 mins.

Auto-renewal showed up on my CC because I got lazy and ignored my reminders :(
Was billed $146.17 for All-Access for 6 months.

Called to cancel. Was offered 1 year of Select for $120. Select is no good to me because I use my Android streaming app in my work truck via bluetooth.
Was offered All-Access 6 months for $60.93 (includes all taxes and fees).
I got a refund of $81.25 and continue with my service until April 2016 :)

PS- If I don't call to cancel or change, it will auto-renew every 3 months for $69...yikes.

Today was my expiration date for free Sirius XM Select that came with my new car. The offer I got in the mail said 5 months for $30 or 12 months for $99, but when I called I just asked for the '$89/year offer' and she gave it to me before she even knew my ID# or what offer I'd really been given. So thank you all for the $10 savings! (and I'm putting today's date on my calendar to be sure and call to cancel/renew next year)

got all access renewal for $274. Told them it was too high and they said no promotions were available. Mentioned that I would have to cancel and was transferred. Immediately offered $136. Why do we have to play these stupid games????

Back