How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

just called the number above asked for 6 months for 24.99 - told him thats what i wanted - just got it.....

I have the Premier Plan for two different cars. I just got a renewal notice for $204.88 on one car and $273.33 on another car. OMG! I called and the first rep said there was nothing she could do for me. I called back and got a second rep who offered a one-year promotion. I'm paying $258 total for both radios for an 'All Access Plan' which is the Premier Plan PLUS free internet access for one year. I'll be paying less than half of what they originally asked. Thanks for the suggestions on here! : )

just got off phone they wanted $110.14 for renewal. I called to ask what promotions they could give as this was too expensive. I thought it was for a year, he said no the $110 was 6 months. I said NO WAY cancel now please he offered $99 year deal, I declined he offered $45 for 6 months said no way it didn't fit our budget. He offered $25 for 5 months, and he noticed my account was past due 1 month and wanted to charge me 23.66 for the month over due. At that point I said time out CANCEL please and he said wait wait I will check with supervisor. Bingo he cleared the past due, billed me $30.66 for the 5 months after tax/fee. However you have to call before your 5 months is up and negotiate a new contract as they WILL BILL me $50.22 for 3 more months. SO DON'T forget to call and cancel or renegotiate... hope this helps I called the number above.

I received an annual renewal invoice for $204.88. I called and simply told them I would like to cancel my service. No questions asked they offered me a 12 month renewal for $99 ($126 w/tax and fees).

Asked for 5 mo at $25/mo. Offer no longer available. They offered 1 year renewal for $99 plus taxes, 117.79 total. My original renewal price was $179.88 plus $25.00 US Music Royalty Fee for a total of $204.88. Saved $87.09 for at least one year.

Received notification letter for 2 cars $478 (1 all access & 1 Sirius XM Select) and I called the above number 888-601-6302 and the rep gave me the all access for $137 after fees and taxes and the select plan for $113 after fees and taxes, which is the same rate I was paying last year. He gave me the rate immediately without any hassle.

So, my credit card was charged $289 yesterday for the annual renewal of my XM All Access subscription.
Called them last night and told them I wanted to cancel.
Was offered the $120/yr fees and taxes or $60 /6 mo tax & fees.
The rep. wouldn't budge on the offer. She stayed with me for the entire call, never transferred me or 'spoke with her supervisor'.
By the end of the call, I settled with being credited back the $289 and a free 1 month XM All Access subscription. If I do nothing at this point, after 1 month, the subscription would continue month to month @ $24.
Rep said the credit card needs to be associated with the account in order for the refund to be applied to my Visa account. Makes sense I guess.
The plan now is, once the credit appears, I will call back, have the Visa removed from my SIRIUS account and try again to get the XM All Access $120 /yr inclusive of fees rate that people hear claim to have gotten.
Anyone have any advice on how to negotiate the package to be inclusive of music royalty and taxes?

Just renewed for $28.00. Six months including tax. This is just after my trial promotion ended that came with the car. Told Customer service that I wanted the six month $25.00 deal. Had bill mailed w/o the $2.00 charge. No problem took 5 minutes.

Just got off of the phone with them. I told them that I wanted to cancel because it was too expensive. Originally offered me $99/yr. I said it was still too much and I wouldn't pay more than what I was paying. The rep gave it to me without any problems. It came to $28.xx for 6 months.

i called and told them the $204 was too much and after 2-3 minutes of them trying to convince me of the value, I told them to cancel my subscription. He transferred me to someone else who immediately offered me $99 fees.

Just called today and got 6 months for 30.49 including tax. tried to get the one year deal but it was 99.00 plus tax. I guess I just have to call every 6 months. There was a 15 dollar prorate fee because my last deal already expired. They waived that fee. too bad such a hassle but 60 bucks a year is about what I think it is worth.

Use Gift Cards all the time. No credit card, no invoice. Works every time, and I always get the 6 month for $24.99 rate.

Just renewed two cars. Said I would cancel. They offered $99 a year each. Said I still wanted to cancel. Offered the $89 a year. Signed up again.

I am like most on this site. What a pain to have to go through this every 6 months or a year. Just give your current customers the best deal on renewal.

Just curious, but is anyone asking for or getting any deals on new radios? I have an old Starmate and if I stay with Sirius, I wouldn't mind upgrading to a newer radio like an Onyx, if it's at a discounted price.

It works fine: called to cancel with the purpose to get the 5 mos @ 24.99. After 10 minutes of different proposal he finally got there. Also got a refund for early renewal

Went around and around with her--best i could get and I am normally good is 5 mos for $30 plus tax - ---

Works well, I just flat out told them it was too expensive and I had to cancel, and they offered $99 a year.

My previous plan ended recently and I noticed today the monthly charge of $18.99. Called after finding this page and was initially offered 12 months for $99 plus taxes/fees (about $120 total). I was on the verge of accepting that, just to not deal with any further confusion as the rep was not doing a good job of explaining th numbers in relation to my $18.99 credit, amount for fees/taxes, etc. But I asked anyway, regarding shorter contracts. She came back with 6 months for $45 (plus taxes/fees). I took that to be done with it, rather than pushing for more. About 10-15 minutes total, one representative, and quite straight forward.

(Forgot to include) The offers for 12/$99 and 6/$45 were for the Sirius Select plan.

Back