How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

I've been playing the game for 4 years of saying I was going to cancel to get the half price deal. This year I didn't feel like playing the game and just said I was not renewing when the subscription expired in six weeks. (I hate the way they renew the special deal immediately and give credit for the unused portion of the prior subscription.) They offered the half price deal of $89 plus fees and I said no. They didn't offer anything better nor did I ask. Since then I got a single mail offer of the same $89 deal. The subscription expired yesterday and I still have Sirius XM so I called to confirm my subscription was cancelled. The woman said yes and made no attempt to get me to renew. I guess they are not aggressive in keeping customers anymore. To me $100 a year is just not worth it for what is on Sirius XM and I don't like the whole deal of auto renewal.

Today I got 6 months of XM Select as a renewal to special I had last 6 months. $25. After taxes the price was $28.46. This offer was from the cancellation department.
Sad because I wanted the All Access but they would only come down to $50 for 6 months and that was just too high for me. Good luck All.

Just called took 10 mins...original invoice was $273.22/year (All access)..spoke to Kevin and he made it $119.00 for the year

Well, they wouldn't give me the 24.99/6 months price at all. I canceled the service. We'll see what happens next. Like I told them, this is not something I have to have. I have a feeling they will be contacting me real soon to get me back, lol Stick to your guns, you may have to do without Sirius for a few days but it could be worth it. I'll keep you all informed.

i called the 855-774-7967 and got the $89.00 deal. The bill they sent me for 1 year Select was $195.69. Thanks for all the comments and help.

Have worked this 'I need to cancel' method the day prior to renewal for several years and has always worked. Received notice that next year would be $204.88 for Select, told rep that was too much in light of ability to stream free Pandora and he immediately cut it to $99 fees =$112.49 for year plus they will invoice waiving $2 fee. Simply tell them you have the wrong credit card and need to go to other room and get right one and call back. Best way is to see if your credit card co. offers 'virtual' one time use #'s. BTW, tried 3 reps to get under $99 to no avail. 10 minutes total.

I call every five months and and pay $31.61 for that amount of time. It's the best offer I've been able to get from them.

Just called and got 6 months for $31.12. They waived the $2 transaction fee and also $15 from the previous month when my subscription auto renewed. It was like pulling teeth though and I was on the phone for about 30 minutes.

They have such shady business practices when they bill customers. Quite honestly, it's hard to understand all these charges and fees. This is the first year they didn't shut off my service at the time it expired. They just sent me a bill a month before it was set to expire and then a month later with how much I owe for using their service. So I called back and stated that unless they'll give me the $89 promotional fee, I'd cancel. She put me on hold for 5 minutes for approval and I was able to get the promotional rate. But they were going to charge me the normal rate for the month I used the service past the expiration. I did fight back and get my new rate for the one month which I already used XM. I still don't understand this 'US Music Royalty Fee' of $22, but I did get everything else I requested.

They sent out an update that fried my portable radio.

They sent me a new stratus 7 with car kit free of charge just to keep me subscribed.

I just called and asked for the 89.00 deal and was told no, then just asked to cancel and was given the 99.00 deal. They stuck to there guns, until I said I wanted to cancel, then the rep said 'you want to cancel then' I said yes....he said hold on a minute and came back with the 99.00 price

I just hung up. $24.99 for six month renewal. I tried chatting, got nowhere so I called. I asked for someone in the USA and he said that he was. I hung up (I couldn't understand what he was saying :-( ). I called back and got someone who wouldn't budge off the full price. I called back again and got a very nice person who offered me $99 for 6 months. I asked if I could keep my $24.99 and, after a minute of 'checking', she said 'sure'. It's worth the phone calls.

How are you folks NOT getting the 6 months for 24.99? ... I was offered 5 months for 30... and I declined... I said I would prefer 6 months ... she said ok let me ask my manager... I wasn't even put on mute.. she kept typing (I would hear her) and didn't talk to anyone.. then 15 seconds later says oh great news we can do 6 months for 24.99 .... I said sure lets do it ! .... not only that but she was polite !

As a side note, I also ONLY do the invoice function ... its $2 bucks more for them to mail you a paper invoice but this way you CAN'T get charged extra later when you cancel and they don't process it or whatever the case is... well worth the $2 bucks for the insurance of no hassle later.

Just got off the phone. I had received my renewal notice for some ungodly amount (over $200 for Select). Told the rep I would not renew if I couldn't have my current $89 rate. He offered me a few other 'promo' rates - $125, then $113, then $99 - I just said 'if I can't renew at my current rate, please cancel.' He finally said he could extend a 'one-time courtesy' of $89. Whatever. Just do it. Geez. I'm kind of over this bullcrap game-playing. He also offered to deduct $14.99 since my renewal wasn't until Dec. I probably shouldn't call until right before my renewal from now on. The bottom line is, they want to keep you as a customer. It doesn't cost them anything - they already have their satellites in space. It's in their best interests to keep all their paying customers, so DON'T WAIVER IN YOUR DEMANDS. Don't agree to anything over $89/year.

Just called 1-888-601-6302 and got $99 for 1 year inclusive of all taxes and fees for the All Access package with Stern. Have your bill sent to the house so you don't need to give a credit card and ask to have them waive the $2 billing fee.

Called and said I want to cancel because price was too high (mailed a bill that wanted $99.57).
Got offered the $24.99 fees and taxes = $30.25 (same as I have had a few times now).
However, wanted to charge me $14 for the last 3 weeks since it had 'auto-renewed'. Ended up having to speak to a floor manager (the regular agents can't reverse those charges), who put me on hold for an extended period of time (probably hoping I would give up), but eventually agreed to waive those charges.
15 minutes on the phone - worth it

Y'all know y'all can't live without sat radio! What other choices are out there? Rep said pay the price or cancel lol

Back