How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

I have called every 6 months for a few years now to keep getting the promotional rate. I just called again and was initially offered $99 for a year for Select, but then I simply asked for 6 months for $25 (plus tax/fees) and they said 'yes'. Will call again in 6 months (minus 1 day).

Yes indeedy. 15 minutes on the phone and got 6 months for $24.99, plus taxes and fees. Total $31.31. Yay!!

I want the cheapest deal that gives me full access & Howard Stern...any help out there?

Just played the Sirius game again and got 6 months for $24.99 plus tax. This is after they said there were no deals and they could only offer what would be close to $100 for a year. It only took about 5 minutes this time for her to 'check with her supervisor'. Anyway, I'm happy and will surely be calling in another 6 months to play the game again.

Is there anyway for a person who is on a 90 day trial with a new car to get a Lifetime Subscription. (I typically keep cars for 15 years.)

if you want a 'special' rate you need to call 866-635-2349 & threaten to cancel your services....the current 'specials' are ALL ACCESS(gives you all the channels from both SIRIUS & XM & SXIR) 12mo for $119.88 fees & taxes of 6mo for $49.99 fees & taxes or SELECT(the lineup will differ depending on if you have a SIRIUS radio or a XM radio.....the way to tell the difference is if the radio ID # is 12 digits you have a SIRIUS radio....if the radio ID # is 8 digit alpha/numeric you have a XM radio) 12mos for $89/$99 fees & taxes...6mo for $44.97 fees & taxes....6mo for $29.99 fees & taxes....6mo for $24.99 fees & taxes...5mo for $24.99 fees & taxes...5mo for $19.99 fees & taxes....everybody will be charged the US Music Royalty Fee & depending on which state you live in the taxes can vary...you DO NOT have to pay via check or debit at the time or you can make a ONE TIME PAYMENT & then ask to be placed on invoice bill(in case you forget to call prior to the end of the promo SXM will not be able to charge your card)...ALL SERVICES WILL AUTO RENEW SO YOU MUST CALL PRIOR TO THE END DATE!!!!! If you get a off shore (aka 'foreigners') you can ask to speak to an American rep....they will try to keep you on the line so just continue to ask for an American rep & they will have to transfer to call on shore....I hope this helps....

the 'retention' dept works on commission....anytime they get a subscriber to sign up for the 12mo promo that nets them $5 in bonus...if you don't care that you will have to call 2 or 3 times a year you can get 10/12mos of service for around $50 fees & taxes....

Best comment section ever, so helpful. I just got a 1 year all access sub for 136 with no previous sub and my trial was expired. BABA BOOEY

Call this morning to cancel service on one vehicle and was able to get 5 months for $25 ($28.28 with tax). I just told them that I had another vehicle that I received an offer of 5 mo / $20. She said they didn't have that deal anymore but could do 5/$25. Good enough for me.
Also while on the phone I mentioned my other vehicle and said I was offered a 2 month trial by email and was able to get that deal activated, also. Even though I had already had a trail subscription for that vehicle, it was more than 6 months ago, so they did another activation on it.

This didn't work for me. They stated they didn't have those deals anymore and she was unwilling to transfer, get a manager or assist me in any way.

10/2/2015 i am on hold with them as i type. i was told they couldn't give me the back to back coupon so i told them i wanted to cancel. they transferred me to cancellation department where i said i wanted the same deal i had and that i see it is available online and that many customers are getting it. She gave me the credit (b/c i didn't call in time before my 6 mos were up) and she prorated the days since they charged me and gave me the deal for $59.82 for 6 mos. for 2 cars. Guess ya just got keep calling! and let them know you will cancel if they can't offer you a better deal!

Just got 12 months for $99 plus taxes and fees = $127.04
866-635-2349. Original renewal charge for 12 months was $216.94.

You can avoid the paper bill processing fee of $2.00 as well if you tell them you want a paper bill because you don't feel comfortable giving out your credit card number. I told them I want the paper bill without the extra fee and it was waived, just like that! 6 months of select for $28.46 all fees included. Very satisfied customer!

There is no reason to haggle with the telephone reps. You can also get the discounted rate via the website. Head over to siriusxm.com/greatoffers2
Greatoffers1 is a higher rate!

$100 All Access for a year. Total. Of course I danced around different prices and then he had to check with is supervisor.

Well, this was exactly what I was hoping to find. I am gonna try getting the year for $89 tomorrow...will post back and let you know how it went.

Make sure you call 855-774-7967. I got 2 vehicles for 6 months at $24.99 plus tax. Very easy with about 5 min tops!

Tried to get the $50. promotion deal I had last year but the best promo I could get was $91.05 for a year subscription.

All I want is Cosmo radio and some comedy channels (no interest in Howard stern). I will only listen in my car. What's the cheapest I can get as a new customer?

Back