How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

Wow!! That was easy!! I received a bill for 204.88. I called the above number and said I saw a discounted price of 119.88 for all access package. She said hold on and I will check to see what we can do for you. She came back and said okay!!! We can do that. With fees and taxes it came out to 136.54. That's a big difference for me. Thank you Thank you!!!! Let me say when I called the number provided on the bill previously I got no where for any type of discounts.

Received my renewal notice and price for another year of Select was going to be $204. I called and was offered another year at about $135. I declined and told the CSR I listen to 3 or 4 stations (and it's true) so that was still too expensive. She switched me to Select Family Friendly for an annual cost of $110. Better than the $117 cost for last year. Don't care if I lose some stations because I listen to so few anyway. With my credit for my remaining subscription my total for the next 12 months was $96.65. I still can't believe I'm paying $9 a month for radio in my car! Sirius/XM puts the ugly prices on the renewal notice and we think we've gotten a good deal. Somebody came out ahead in this deal and I'm not so sure it was me.

Boy... you guys are getting off cheap. My initial subscription was for $142.00 for all access. Just got a bill for $293.00. Called them and told them the services were worth $150-$160 and no more to me. They didn't even offer a discount so I canceled. I'm not holding my breath and can live without them. Oh look y'all, there's an extra $142 in my bank account.

I also received a renewal notice for my new car subscription. I did the online chat and got no where. There were no deals, no discounts. I told him i would cancel at the end of my 6 months. He told me to have a nice day. I'll try again another day.

I just called sirius, my renwal was for 273.22. I was offered A 'special rate' last year of $138 on thier all access package. To keep it I was told I'd have to pay the current price of $239.88 plus taxes and fees. I said I would not like the renewal to process and OMG... there was a new special offer 'that just came available' for $123.88 including all taxes and fees. PLAY THE GAME PEOPLE... THEY WILL TAKE SOMETHING AS OPPOSED TO NOTHING

Thank you. You have to be persistent and not take the first offer. The representative needed to talk to a supervisor twice but I got 5 months for $25. Taxes and fees added another $3 and some change. Like others that have commented, it's frustrating to have to play the game every renewal but happy of the result. It was very helpful to check this site and recent comments to have price reference...Thanks!

Ok. I was paying $260 a year for two cars and Internet radio. I bought a new car. I was told an extra $100 per year for the new car. I told them $360 a year was too much and I've been with them for 7 years. Their come back deal was $120 more! I cancelled everything. I'm really surprised after what I've read here. They wouldn't even try. I was very pleasant and polite. If they call, we'll see. If not good bye Sirius radio.

they normally give me six months for 25 bucks plus their fees for the select package sometimes if you wait long enough its cheaper than that

I received an offer in the mail for $25.00 for 6/mo. Called phone 1-855-774-7967 and was able to get the offer...I DO NOT PAY WITH CREDIT CARD because they will automatically renew subscription at the higher price and reluctant to renegotiate at a lower rate. Use check only so they cannot rebill. They do charge a $2 processing fee, but is still a better rate. Good luck!

Was on five month select plan for 24.99 month. Called CSR offered one year @99.00. Said no. Then CSR offered same plan I was on. I said no thank you. Said I would do 6 month select for 24.99. Checked with supervisor. came back and deal was done. very nice.

Guess I picked the wrong day.....called to cancel or get a better deal on All Access and the best offer I was quoted was $139 fees. I 'was' a customer since purchasing my vehicle in 2011. I countered with a couple of offers that I have seen posted elsewhere and was told none of those of those were valid. My non-American rep did not seem interested in working to keep a long term subscriber so I am no longer their customer either. I am kind of disappointed b/c I travel the country and love the service. But I will not overpay for it, when S/XM practically gives it away to new subscribers.

My trial ended about a week ago. I called in and mentioned the 119.88 deal for a year of all access (Expecting to pay ~$136 with taxes and fees). They offered me the deal, but claimed with taxes and fees it was $152! Allegedly they added $16.66 for royalty fees and then another $16 and change for tax. This goes against what others have posted ($136 with taxes and fees). I told them forget it... Anyone else get $32 in taxes/fees? I am in Florida for what it is worth.

Received renewal notice for $273. Informed them I would be cancelling. Received offer of $135 after demanding $119.88 deal. Went with offer. Went Through Sirius Listening Care 1-855-733-0411 noted on renewal notice.

Just did it. all access for 99 bucks plus tax. worked like a charm. i was paying 24 bucks a month before i called.

WHOO HOO!
worked just fine. I called 855-774-7967 and got 6 months for $30.45 each for our cars She reminded me to call before this trial ends to renew or they will charge at higher rate.

Called to renew, they offered $120 for 12 months. I said no. Then offered me 27.43 (taxes and fees included) for 5 months. I said make it 6 months. She said ok. So $27.43 out the door for 6 months. I think I could have got a way for 12 months for the same price. Next time I'll make that offer.

My husband just called & said he got a renewal email for $204.88 . He said it was too much and asked if there were any discounts. The rep said he didn't want to see him go and asked how he liked the service. My husband said he loved the service. The rep gave him $112, the same price we paid last year. Took less than 10 minutes. Thank you for all the information.

Back