How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

6 months $24.99 plus fees came to around $30 for 6 months. Awesome! All I had to do was ask and it took about 8 minutes

Called number above yet again. Service switched over today. Offered one year special asked for 6 month special. $28 in end with credits and fees. Less than 10 minutes

I called to cancel or get a better deal. I was offered 12 mos. for $99 tax. Asked for shorter term deals, was told about 6 mos. for $49. Said I saw online that there was an offer of 6 mos. for $25. She said she could do that. With one month left on my current subscription, I got 6 mos. starting today for a one-time charge of $12.46. Just need to make a note in my calendar to call again at the beginning of March to 'cancel' again or it will auto-renew at over $100/6 mos.

Just called the number listed below and spoke with a very pleasant representative. I told him I needed to renew and did not want to haggle over price. Ended up paying $126.77 with taxes and fees for 1 year. Much better than the $409 I had been quoted via chat!!

Thank goodness for this site and the comments below. I have a new car with the 3 month trial having just run out. I called the number that shows up on the radio and had a severe case of sticker shock. I told them NO.

Having had XM in previous vehicles I knew there had to be a better price out there and then I came across this article and its comments. I called the 1-866-298-2518 number (twice actually, since I couldn't understand the girl on the first call) and asked for the 6 months for $25 deal. The rep said he'd check and see if that was available then said 'You said 6 months for $30?'. I told him no, 6 months for $25. Then he suddenly 'found' that offer.

After activating the radio we then went to update my account at which time I told him that I wanted to cancel the automatic renewal after the prepaid period and have my account switch to paper invoicing. I could tell he was surprised that I asked for this and said he would have to check with his manager, but then made the change. This insures that I will have notification when the period is over and I can then again call in and ask for a deal without forgetting and getting tagged for their full price.

Thanks to all here!

Worked for me on 9/12/15. I go the $25 for 6 months, with prorating credit it cost me $1.67 for an extra 3 months. Sweet!

Called this # 888-601-6302, i tried asking for a year for like $55.00 but they balked at me, i know it was worth a try. They tried to sell me it for a lot more, i was like then ill have to cancel, WHY??? Cant afford it, well we do have the six months for $24.99, i like that, yes please!

Yes it works I got the deal for 28.46 for 6 months thanks!! It took about 15-20 mins.

Just called and asked for one week credit on my trial (started on the 28th but didn't take possession of car until the 5th) -- they said no.

But I then asked for this rate mentioned here of $25 (pre-tax) for 6 months and the CSR gave it to me straight away. Note it's for Sirius Select, not All Access.

I called the last listed # and got 3rd party indian rep...told him I wanted the All-Access $120/yr deal. He told me it is $199/yr. I told him, nevermind, I would just listen to the radio. He said he could off the select at $179/yr. I told him I wasn't going to pay $50/yr more for less channels than my (estranged husband gets). He then offered I could go month to month for $19/mo. I declined and told him I'd rather just pay by year, and that $19/mo was going to add up to even more than the $199 price. he told me to hold a couple minutes. When he got back, told me he could offer the $120/yr all-select
Mission accomplished! :-)

It really works. It took me 40 mins and two Sirius XM CSR, many mins on hold. But I save over $100.00 for 6 months. I was one month away from canceling. I came across this web site and called. $16.99 for six months, what a saving. The pro-rated my last month saving me from the $24.99. Thanks

Got the $25.00 rate for 6 months for the select package (middle level) which with taxes and fees came to $37.92. Took 5 minutes and a bit of insisting but that is all! Thanks.

Just got the $25 rate for 6 months. Sure beat the $200 they wanted to charge for a year.

Just got 5 months for $25.16 including fees and taxes. Didn't want to pay $204.88 just so my husband can listen to Yankees and Jets games in my car.

worked...5 months for $25. Just make sure you don't let them charge your credit card automatically again for 3 months once that expires.

Called and simply asked for $99/year deal for XM Select. Took 1 minute for her to agree and apply the promotion.

Holy Smokes, I just did this and it worked. I was charged $216.14 this morning for a one year renewal. I called 888-601-6302, and asked them if I could have a lower rate. They offered me $99 for 1 year, or $25 for 6months. I took the 6months. They are refunding me $186.12. That is amazing. Thanks everybody!!! :)

Back