How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

PS...always ask to be invoiced, and don't accept the $2 fee for invoice. Never give this company your credit/debit card.

Kristen the rep initially offered one year @ $99 plus fees and tax for total of about $130. Asked about 6 months @ $25 and told it was @ $30 and would renew at $101. I didn't want to go through the whole exercise in six months so took her offer. Very pleasant rep.

They offered me a best rate of $205 for 12 months - LOL. I actually had to tell them to cancel before he 'found' a better rate. I got 12 months for $99 plus music royalty fee and taxes. Saving $100 for a few minutes on the phone was worth it to me!

Sirius is a good service. Too bad they annoy their customers with the annual this annual goat rope!

I called and said that I'd like to continue my 6 month $25 promotional rate if it's still being offered, but if not I'll have to cancel because money is tight. With no hassle she extended that offer. The only caveat is, the new subscription starts from the date you call. The rep offered to convert my remaining subscription to credit towards my next one, but I declined. Since my current subscription ends in a couple weeks I told her I'd rather not miss out on the current promo and call back closer to my expiration date. BTW, your subscription will renew at the 'then current rates' so be sure to call back before yours expires. Also, they'll automatically bill your credit card if they have it on file, so if you don't want that to happen then request a paper invoice which is a $3 charge.

CSR didn't offer reduction - asked to be transferred to cancellation department and agent in that department immediately offered $99 tax/fees rate = $103 vice $225 total originally proposed - was a quick call - they do prorate back so you forfeit any additional time remaining on your contract but because it's prorated you don't really lose

I have 3 active radios and asked for the $25 fro 6 months. Rep declined, said I was already in a promotion, offered 12mo for $99. Declined and asked to be cancelled unless I could get the $25 offer. She said ok and transferred me to the cancel dept. I talked to the cancel dept, she offered a similar deal at $99, I politely declined and asked for the $25 for 6, she said let me check...OK. New deal!

Called and said my 6 month/$25 promotional rate was going to end and would like the same again. They said no problem and set me back up with it.

Just spoke with Rianna @ 866.298.2518.....have two vehicle plans......one Sirius and one XM........got the $ 25.00/6 month deal for both.....$ 28.46 each w/royalty fee.......will continue this every 6 months.

I just received a renewal for $104.44 for six months. I did a live chat asking for a cheaper price and someone with the name Rex said he could not help me, ask if I had anymore questions and disconnected the live chat.

I have my radio in my car only. I got the renewal email and sighed because i was like do i want to pay $200 for it, is it really worth it, so I googled and found this site. I called today, told the CSR I needed to cancel because it was too expensive and he instantly offered me the $99 for a year and I said well I know friends who go 6 months for $25 (I see now it says 5 months, but he gave me 6 months.) He gave me $25 prorate since my current subscription didn't end until October, so I ended up paying $3 for the next 6 months. I already made a note in my phone to call a week before the date in February and ask again for the discount. No argument or hassle from the CSR i spoke with, he told me he was going to be my angel today and get me a discount.

Worked for me today, as it has many times in the past. Just be patient and polite and you will get what you want. If you don't. Hang up and try another phone rep. I had to do that once in the past and by calling back, I dealt with a much more lenient sales rep. Good luck!

Xm wont discount online subscriptions. Said that is the lpwest they offer. They only discount on radios and not online only. Xm sucks.

My sweet little Indian lady, who I could hardly understand, insisted on $392 a year to renew 2 subscriptions. She wasn't interested in making any better offers. I politely declined. I guess sirius/xm is an all or nothing type of company so they'll get nothing from me. They must think we live in our vehicles.

I called 866.635.2349 and got my All Access renewed for a year (it was previously 6-months) for $120 fees.

Went back and forth with SiriusXM to extend my subscription scheduled to expire 9/3/15. Initially they offered me $54.74 for 3 months, then $99.00 for 1 year, then $44.97 for 6 months. I told him no thank you, I would cancel my service on 9/3. He then spoke to a supervisor and offered 5 months at $24.99. Read him a couple posts from this site and ultimately ended up with 6 months at $29.91, all fees and taxes included. Be polite, be patient and you should get a price you can live with.

Called and said I couldn't afford $191 for a year and needed to cancel. Rep reduced rate to $129 for 1 year, said no, rep reduced to $99 for 1 year, said no, rep reduced to $25 for 5 months, requested $25 for 6 months and after putting me on hold rep said yes.

It worked! She offered the $99 for a year, said oh friends got the better deal - $24.99 for 6 months, and I really like Sirius, talked to supervisor and yes! Told her send invoice please so not credit card needed, waived the $2 invoice fee. She had me back my car out of garage put station 1 on an she said you are all set. Happy!

I'm really bad about staying on top of getting the better rates. I remembered last night and just called today. I was immediately offered the $25 for 5 months so I figured I'd make her day easy and not push for the extra month. I've set a reminder now on my calendar and I'll be sure to not let it fall by the wayside.
She was also nice enough to remind me about the new-ish internet radio feature I keep meaning to set up.
My promo was for Select and not All Access, not that I really care, but just wanted to point that out.

I love this website.. Original 6 month prom expires in 2 days so time to call to cancel/renew. 1st rep was from foreign languages and couldn't negotiate, just renew. I called the cancellation number given and got American that quickly offered $99/year but couldn't negotiate less cost per year. Within a few minutes, he offered the $5/month I have for 5 months and was a gentlemen. Another 6 months for $28 and not worth my time for 6th month.. We'll call again in Jan. 2016

Called and told them I wanted the same deal my brother received. 6 months for $25 ($30.45 w/fees & taxes). Was first told that was only for current customers until I told him my brother was not a current customer when he renewed his. Yes, he did some research as was able to find the deal. You just need the patience to play their game.

Back