How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

Only had to make one phone cll this time, really easy, $25 for 6 months. If xm would just bill at this rate they could cut the cost of all the service reps they have to keep to handle all the customers looking for the discount! You have to wonder how many people pay the full amount billed.

SHOULD I BE PAYING FULL PRICE ON TWO SUBSCRIPTIONS ON MY TWO CARS I HEARD YOU GET ADISCOUNT ON THE 2ND SUBSCRIPTIONS?

Just got a deal for six months for $27.33 including taxes and fees. He also suggested the one year deal for $99. Certainly worth the ten minutes it all took. I called the 866-298-2518 number and was transferred over to a guy who took care of me. Very professional. No issues at all.

Called 866-298-2518 to cancel was offered select package for 5 months for $25!! Customer rep was very helpful.

Bigger run-around and not as good a deal than the last time I renewed. The best Denise could offer me today was 5 months for $25 fees and taxes for Select Package. It was still better than the $14.95 a month initially offered. I used 1-866-635-2349. Did have to politely 'threaten' to cancel. I know that being polite will get me farther than being rude, as the CS people are just doing their job. I'm ok with this deal.

Has anyone got them to throw in streaming via the app? I've been doing the $25/6 months for several years now, but never tried to get the internet streaming included in the deal. Just wondering what luck other people are having.

Subscription expires 8/11. Email to renew quoted $204.88 tax for year. Called and requested cancellation and was transferred to a customer retention rep. Told rep it was too expensive and wanted to cancel. He offered rate of $99 fess tax totaling $127/year. Asked if he could do any better. Rep offered $89 fees tax = $108.51/year. Took the deal!

Called and spoke with a rep this evening. I was paying $89 a year plus royalties (about $102 total). The email from last year said my renewal price would be $170 total but the renewal email I received last month bumped it up to $202 or so.

I told him I enjoy having SiriusXM in my car, but between the amount of commercials and Top 40 playing on multiple stations nearly back to back, it was too much to justify paying when I have Spotify, TunedIn, Pandora, and IHeartRadio - all for free.

He pushed back a little, reminding me that the promotional rate couldn't be renewed. I had to reiterate myself politely saying the same thing twice and kindly mentioned I'd likely have to cancel if we couldn't work something out. He offered $99 royalties ($118) for a year.

Still more than I'd like to pay, but a $10 increase year over year seemed justifiable and I took it. Overall it was a pretty painless call. Really appreciated the fact that their system allows a call-back rather than sitting on hold for 15 minutes.

Maybe not so great. But I just signed up again at $ 30 for 6 months and $ 104.00 per year for the all music - reduced plan... I guess I saved a whole $28 bucks unless I try the drop the subscription thing..

been getting 5 months for 24.99 on 2 cars for over year now. just renewed yesterday Aug 10 2015 for same deal

Just called 866-635-2349 to cancel. Rep and Super wouldn't budge and were happy to let me leave as a customer. We have three vehicles and a radio with them. Prices are $145.00 per vehicle, per year and $20.00 per month for the radio that I can't listen to due to poor satellite reception. We've been with XM for twelve years. I will no longer be a loyal listener!

Went with the $30 for six months deal for Select service. They tried to offer me a cheaper plan that was 'Family friendly' but I turned them down. Guess I will be calling back in six months to do this all over again!

I just bought a used RAM truck which has Siriusxm radio and it worked then a few weeks go by and get a welcome letter from Sirius telling me a 90 day trial. I'm new to satellite radio but my offer letter is for $17.07 /month with fees and $187 /year with fees. Seems really expensive and I see you all posting much cheaper rates over the last few days. I guess if I keep, I'd better call to get a better price since this new customer rate seems like they trying to bend you over.

Just got deal for $89 per year. Down from $14.99 per year. I'm on hold now so fingers crossed. Thanks so much for this blog/website!!!

Apologize for the typo. I just got a deal for $89 per year down from $14.99 per month (excluding taxes). And begged them to waive the fees.

For the past two years I have paid $20 for 5 months. I had to call in and pretend to cancel until they offered the same deal. I have done this on two cars. Yesterday for the first time they called my bluff and didnt renew. So I cancelled. They lowest offer was $25/5mo fee so it comes down to about $6/mo.

Called the 866-298-2518 number and talked to a rep who confirmed my request for 6 mos at 24.99. She had to transfer me to another rep to finalize the transaction. The new rep quoted me three other options, none of which were as good. She then asked if I would be interested in any of those or would like to stick with the original offer of 24.99/6mos. I said I wanted that rate, she verified billing and I was done. 6 minutes start to finish. Reps were very polite and easy to understand. No problems!

I HAVE SIRIUS IN MY VEHICLE AND IN THE HOUSE. IT IS OVER $200 PER YEAR, AND NOW THEY HAVE TAKEN AWAY THE ONLY CHANEL I EVER LISTEN TO: 'ESCAPE', WHICH PLAYS A VERY WIDE VARIETY, MANY WHICH ARE JUST INSTRUMENTAL! I THINK I AM GOING TO JUST CANCEL THE ENTIRE THING. WHEN I TRANSFERRED MY TIME FROM MY OLD VEHICLE TO MY NEW, THEY CHARGED OUR CREDIT CARD OVER $200, BUT DID NOT CREDIT THE CREDIT OF JUST A LITTLE LESS THAN THE OVER $200 CHARGED (WE HAD JUST PAID FOR THE YEAR ON THE OLDER VEHICLE) TO OUR ACCOUNT UNTIL I CALLED!!! WERE THEY JUST GOING TO KEEP IT, IF THEY NEVER HEARD FROM ME????? LOL……..THINK I WILL TRY PANDORA.

Just did the deal. Held out for the $25 for 6 months. No hassle, friendly and polite retention supervisor. Will check back in 6 months, but today was just fine.

Just called the number and the price was reduced by 45% YAY! I told them I wanted to cancel..

Back