How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

I received 24.99 for six months. I have two cars. Should I be getting 24.99 for both cars or 24.99 for each car?

How many of you would give up radio host celebrities like Howard Stern in order to get low prices? I definitely would. I wonder if those sky high prices are the result of those huge salaries the hosts charge. Post here - maybe they will see your posts and make changes...

I just called today. I said I received an offer in the mail for 6 months for $25. The rep only offered 6 months for 30. I took it.

If it doesn't work the first time, just call back and get a different rep.

$24.99 for six months for Select, using the 866-298-2518 number. I started off by saying (politely) that I needed to cancel unless I could get that deal, because I'm just not in the car that much. She told me about the package that allows use in the house. I said I just didn't want to spend any more than $25. I said that I really am willing to cancel, which was true, and she gave me the deal.

Glad it worked for others, but our experience wasn't good. The best 'deal' offered was $99 up front with $8.95/mo. That came to over $200/yr which is the full renewal invoiced price! We attempted several times over the past weeks to renegotiate with no luck. Very polite CSR's but overall XM turned out to be a bunch of jerks. Surprised they let us walk after several years as a customer, guess we'll try Pandora!

Called 888-601-6302, Spoke to 'Kelly'- sure......no deals offered until I mentioned cancellation of 2 vehicles' systems. Then Kelly offered the $99.00/year without issue. didn't feel like fighting for the $89.00 rate. Saved over $200.00 so I feel like I won somehow! Also they offer a call back function on this number instead of staying on hold. Worked perfectly.

I called the # above, she offered me the 5 for $25 again but I mentioned I'd read online that some were getting 6 mos. for $25 so after a few minutes she said it was available! Friendly & helpful agent, it's a pain to call again in 6 mos. but worth the savings.

Just be firm and polite with them. I told them my plan was getting ready to renew and I wanted 6mo for $25 or cancel it. He said Sir I would be glad to lower your rate. He offered me 12mo for $99. I POLITELY told him I'm not going through this BS, give me 6mo for $25 or cancel it! He said Sir I can do that. Took 5 minutes on phone. They need you more than you need them.

Today's renewal was run around. It took 3 calls and a supervisor to get nowhere. This is the fiirst time this has happened. afirst I was offered the 2.99 six monthe deal then told it didnt exist.Then a 33.00 deal and that didnt all of a sudden didn't exist.. Well well try again later

Just renewed for 6 months total charge including tax and fees $28.46. I called prepared to cancel and was initially offered $99 for a year. Then 6 months for $49. I said sorry cant do it, I know that 'new' customers get a promo $25 for 6 months she said let me see what I can do- GOT IT! Then she explained that since my service was up for renewal in July I would have to pay one month at the regular price and then start the deal. I balked and she adjusted it. The Rep was professional and pleasant and I LOVE XM! I wish the cable company learned customer service from SiriusXM!

Just got my 6 months for $24.99 ($28.46 taxes & royalties included). Thanks for this blog and giving us the information.

My free trial expiring on 8/21..called 866-298-2518...asked for the 6 month/24.99 select deal..got it no hassle...then asked for the traffic and travel link for 24.99/6 month too...actually was offered a better deal on that combo ..traffic for 11.97/6 months and travel link 5.97/6 months..asked for paper billing and $2 fee for that waived....total with taxes $46.40

Absolutely works- 5 months for 25 dollars and I got a discount for the remainder of my month that was prepaid! Delightful person to talk to- and wait time minimalized with call back service! Don't settle for your first offer. I learned to be a bit pushy and then pleasant. Thanks for this post!!!

Got the 6 moths for $25.00 renewal in about 3 minutes. No problems at all. First offered me the $99 per year. Said I wanted the 6 months for $25.00. She 'talked to a manager' and came back one minute later with the promo. Great stuff

Just told them i wanted to renew, but only for the same rate as before, $25 for 6 months. Kinda gave me the run-around $99 for year. Politely declined, said only will accept $25 for 6 months. So then she said ok, we can offer you that. Easy transaction, just be polite and they'll do it

Just renewed for 6 months, total $28.48 inc taxes and fees. Nothing prorated for extra month over when they didn't shut it off. Been doing this for almost 4 years since I got my car. Just be polite, but firm that you will cancel - you don't need it that bad, and won't pay more. I used the 866-298-2518 number.

Back