How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

YOU DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO RANDOMLY ADD $110.TO MY CREDIT CARD. IT WAS NEVER AUTHORIZED YOU BASTARDS MADE NO ATTEMPT TO CONTACT. WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING? CANCEL CANCEL CANCEL

Just called and got $112.25 renewal rate for 1 year using the number below. Thanks for the tips on here! Any more than this totaland I would have cancelled. Took 7 minutes.

Just renewed two for $101.37 each for one year all fees included. Couldn't get them to swing for the $25 for 6 months.
Used 888-601-6302 goes to the Philippines but had a very good English speaking lady - frankly best renewal experience with SiriusXM ever.
TIP: see if your credit card company will issue you a virtual CC# good for one time use.

I got half price. I didn't read this before I renewed. Oh well. But each year after I renew, I add a prepaid credit card in credit card info that has an balance of 20 cents on it expiring in 5 years from now, so when they try to charge me, they cant get any money.

I have had XM Radio for five years... Each year I get a tentative bill for $218.00 or so. Each year I have had to call them and threaten to cancel, then I can get it for around $110.00. Today I renewed at $99.00, was $114.54 total for select for a year. The 601-6302 call went to Iowa.

called 1-888-601-6302 and got 12 months all access $142.62 including feeds/taxes. no arguing as he saw i was a customer since 2007

Just renewed two vehicles for $109.62 each (total). I got the $99 special, just don't see the point in a five or six month deal and spending the time, again, trying to get a deal or 'cancel'. This time I politely asked if I could get a better rate than the one on my bill and the rep immediately offered the $99 special. (I stopped using a credit card a couple of years ago, I send a personal check. I got tired of my credit card being billed over $200 then having to call them to dispute it, threaten to cancel before they'd credit me back the amount of the difference. They WILL take checks and mail the invoice so you see the charge and then decide if you want to renew and can negotiate the 'deal' instead of trying to get you credit card refunded. They WILL remove your credit card number from your account and mail an invoice, you can mail a check for your payment and retain control of what gets charged and when. (On the phone they ask for your credit or debit card number, I told him I'm mailing a check, he said 'no problem' and it works. You aren't required to give a credit card number and do an auto debit.) Appreciate all the feedback from other subscribers.

I have been tempted to sign up for this on my new Silverado, but after the last fiasco with SIRIUS in which I cancelled the subscription properly, with an email and phone call, and yet they sent creditors after me until I told them that they had 3 hours before I was heading to the county court house to file a lawsuit against them, I am still leery.
Oh well. The new truck has an icon on the Nav Screen. I just touch it and I am linked up instantly to Pandora via my phone. 10 gigs a month in free data covers the music needs anyways. I just wish SIRIUS would quit trying to scam people and just give them a straight up low cost, then I would buy their product.

I just called them as they were trying to renew me at $273 I called and was up front with them that I wanted the $99 special. They said that was for the Select package and that I had the all Access I asked for best price and they offered 1 year for $119.00 which with taxes and all came to $141.75. Thanks to all who posted here and good luck to all Renewers.

My renewal was up for Internet Radio and XM Select for a total of $260 a year. I called to negotiate and they first came back with a $225 offer and then with a second 'best price' offer of $218. I said not good enough and asked to cancel. She transferred me to the cancellation center (AKA the US based customer support) and I was immediately offered the all access for $99 with tax and a credit I had on my account it came to $113. I'm saving $150 a year and I get Howard Stern now! Don't be afraid to ask for cancellation. The US based support admitted her department was there to 'save the account' and only they can offer the lowest possible deals. The only way to get to them is to request cancellation.

I liked the tip about paying with a check. I have had issues in the past where they charge un-authorized amounts to my card. I renewed at $99 plus fees and then told them I wanted to pay with a check. They charged a $2 fee to pay with a check but that it certainly worth not dealing with the hassle of unapproved charges.

I called and got it for $89.93 for a pre-paid one year. Note that I only got it by calling the number. I tried CHAT first and they couldn't offer it to me.

Just spoke on chat, with their supervisor, and called in to another supervisor. ALL THREE told me there were no promotions, and the cheapest plan they had was $145 a month or some BS like that.
I called one of the numbers on here the guy was awesome, said yes we have a $99 per year promotion. and said 'you have $52 credit from your silverado ill apply to that' in the end the scenario is.
My new car trial is over in oct, and he extended my service 1 full year from october for $52 in credit i had.
I dont understand why half the people are such Aholes. Serve your customers and they will keep coming back. Piss em off and they will leave.

Do NOT PAY WITH A PERSONAL CHECK --- They take the routing information and can re-bill you after expiration at the 'Current Rate' and it will come directly out of the account .. No check required.
Always use a cashier check and pay the extra 2 BUCKS FOR THE INVOICE CHARGE.

Back