How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

Called today (7/12) using the 866-431-7474 number and got the 12 months - All Access for $144 including fees. However, I'm about a month overdue on the account, so they dinged me with a prorated access fee for the extra month. They moved my renewal date from June to July. I got the CSR to split the extra monthly fee in half, but she wouldn't remove it completely. I guess that's fair. My fault for not renewing on time. :( Total call time was 8 minutes, including 3 minutes of being on hold waiting for a human to answer.

I got three months free with my new car. They'd have to give it to me for free for me to subscribe. With a connection to my cell phone and free over the air radio, I have no interest in this.

My subscription was expiring in two days. I called and was quoted $160.34 to renew the basic package. I said I wanted to cancel and was transferred to a Customer Service Rep. I got the 'upgraded' package with way more channels than I have for a yearly total of $106.65 including taxes, fees, etc. I am happy!! On the phone for a little over 12 minutes.

I just called to get a better rate on my select plan, $204.88 including taxes and fess, and was connected with Listener Care after I said 'operator'. I told the agent this is way to high and I am considering cancelling the acct. He said no better deals are available at this time. I challenged him and said if I found a better deal for a new or existing SXM cust. on-line would it be honored. He was evasive and did not answer the question. I hung up and called again, this time I said 'cancel' to the IVR and was connected to a Listener Care rep in Illinois, who was very nice, her name is Amy, I explained that the price point is very high and I am considering canceling. I asked if there were any better rates. She said the promotional rate I was on, $89/yr, is no longer available but $99/yr is. I took it. Crazy you have to do this, you would think they would want to retain existing customers and make it as easy as possible for us. Guess not.

I called today and asked for $25 for 6 months and it worked for two of my radio subscriptions. The third has 'all access' so I couldn't get the promotion. The CSR initially told me I could only use it on one radio, but when I asked for a manager, her put me on hold, twice, and finally gave me the deal. Much better than the $47/mo I was paying.

Followed your directions and I got the lower rate. So annoying to go through this; why not have set prices for each service that apply to everyone-no exceptions! Thanks for your help.

took 33 minutes but the lady I spoke with was very nice and spoke English much better than the original woman I spoke with. I was able to save $170 on our 2 cars. $119 for all access is a good deal compared to what I was originally quoted

Just called to renew my service after an expired term of getting XM Select for 6mo for $25. The agent offered $99 for 12mo and I told her I would pass and just stream Spotify or Pandora instead. She instantly offered another 6mo for $25 which I took. The agents English was spotty, but she was very kind.

It took a few tries but I got the all access for 120.00 plus fees. If you don't get what you want, hang up and try again.

Just called 1-866-518-3925 and signed up for 6 months of renewed service for $28.46. I have to ask them to not auto-renew, and every six months when I get my bill I ask for the same plan.

just got off phone - used above phone nbr - 2 radios - yearly price went down from $342 to $238 includes all fees & taxes --- thanks guys !!!

ok got called Sirius last month because my radio was replaced by the dealer. At that time I asked about renewing my plan. They told me my current plan was up July 17th and there was no specials available. II told them I would cancel at the end of my deal! Well what do you know I get charged last night $17.15 so I called them today, only took one rep I asked to cancel service they immediately offered $99 for a year. I didn't budge and told them I would rather pay $25 for 6 months they told me that was not available but $25 for 5 months was. I took that and applied the $17.15 I already paid to it, Stupid to have to go through this but got another 5 months of service with all the Channels including Sports and Howard Stern for only $25. Guess in December I will do this all over again!

They renewed my three radios for $99 each. This price included taxes and the royalty fee.

You must nicely demand that you refuse to pay the royalty fee and the longer you stay on the phone, the better the deal will become.

IF YOU BECOME RUDE OR BELLIGERENT, they will cancel your account...just be patient and they will give you a deal. :-)

I have been working deals with them for over nine years now...I may not always get the best deal, but my average has been pretty good.

BTW, they moved operations back overseas. Today was down south, then to Southeast Asia.

after calling the regular customer service number (866-518-3925) twice as well as an online chat where i kept on being declined any discount off the $265 for single subscription plan, i called the 1-888-601-6302 and was offered the same service for $144. Thank you so much!

Called today to active a new service and instead opted out of signing up. It took 3 representatives that all had difficulty conversing in English and trying to sell me the moon. Come on Apple let's get the music streaming

I just called the number above and got the 6 months for $25 deal! They tried to tell me $99 for the year but after a 2-3 minute wait it was the $25 offer! YAY

Back