How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

Just called and got another 6 months for $30.42 total. Took less than 10 minutes from the time the computer answered the phone until the rep was done making the change. Very easy!

Was billed for $217.17 for one year. Called them and they are reducing it to $99 plus taxes and fees.

This is ridiculous. They should settle on one price that is reasonable like $100 a year and charge everyone that. $200 plus is just not reasonable when HD radio is free. I pay Microsoft $99 a year for Office 360 and I use it a lot more than I do Sirius in the truck.

Just called and renewed for the same current 'special' I have which is $49.99/ mos ($57) All Access--I was offered 1 year for $119 (plus fees $135) but asked for a year for $99 and was told no...they give better deals for shorter terms because they hope you will forget to call back and they can get full price for renewal. CSR didnt give me any hard time. Remember just tell them that you like the service but the price will not fit your budget...Good Luck!

Called earlier and just asked about discounts. My current bill is 204 and they got it down to 110 with taxes and fees included for the same package. No arguing or waiting on hold forever or even threatening to turn off the service.

Just called after our new vehicle trial ended. First offer was all access for 19.99/month. I said we were looking for something less expensive. She offered 14.95/month for the mid package, Inasked if there was a package for less $$ but longer term like the )35 for 6 months that I saw online. She said we have that for the mid package. Sold for $32 (including taxes fees) for 6 months. It will auto renew at the current going rate, so I will have to call to cancel and re-negotiate in 6 months. Took about 5 minutes. Thanks everyone!

Why do you have to go through this crap every year. Got a bill for $204.88, so I told them to cancel. Then they started in with several offers, even down to $99 but with almost $40 in fees/taxes added, so I said cancel. Then she threatened that I will have to pay a fee to re-activate, but I told her I wouldn't since I won't renew. Reason - the stupid annual hassle to get a decent price. Besides, their content is very repetitive, i.e., I hear the same songs every day or two commuting. Goodbye XM.

Just got 6 months for $25. I'd not gotten that deal in a while. Phone call took 6 minutes.

I was paying approximately $57.00 every three months. I called in after seeing this post. I spoke with a rep and did the discount shuffle with him. I ended up with 5 months for $25.00. I had a credit remaining on my account on my account because there was still time in the billing cycle, which reduced the cost for 5 months to $8.97. After that I will will be paying $32.74 every three months. At that point I will be calling back. The rep was very polite, patient and knowledgeable. He led the dance, if you will. From start to finish the call took about 10 minutes.

Just called XM...simply told the customer service rep that I heard about a promo when listening to Channel 1...of course I have to play the renewal game come Dec. but can't beat the 5 months for $25

Called customer service, told them I wanted to cancel, after getting my account information He asked my reason for cancelation. I simply told the truth that I could not afford $200, he didn't hesitate to offer their current deal of $99/year. $112 with fees and royalties, can't complain with this, way better than $200 and not to mention the CSR was friendly as hell! Hope this helps, Keep listening to great Music!

I just called to cancel my subscription which would have cost me $229/yr and the rep gave me a renewal cost of $101.08/yr. Can't complain about that. Glad I called. Thanks to this post.

Last year I paid $89 fees. They wanted to renew for $$189 . I said I'd renew for the old price, he said no, I said I'd listen to Pandora, he said wait while he talks to his superiors. Just like at the car dealership, I'm on hold for about six minutes, he comes back with $99 which I take. Don't call until right before your term ends as they start the new service immediately.

Today I called to renew my subscription. Got it for $99/yr. and was told I'd get the same deal next year as well. It was easy as pie.

I just called - they kept offering me a 'deal' then I would say no and they kept lowering it until I got what I wanted, which was $31.32 for 6 month =)
I have been doing this for the last 2 years!!

You just have to remember to call back before the 6 months is up.

Threaten to cancel - they won't let you!

Back