How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

Just got my $180.00 fee for each radio reduced to $89.00 x 1 year for first radio and $25.00 for 5 months for second radio, I guess I'll be calling back in 5 months! Half price!

I hate haggling, and refuse to deal with renegotiating every 6 months. So I contacted them via online chat, stating that now my introductory deal was expiring (5 months - $30), I was looking for an attractive long-term package (2-3 years). I was offered no deal. Since my renewal was manual (via postal mail), I told the rep that I would simply not renew. She stated that if I didn't call to cancel, it would be taken up through a collection agency! (yeah, right....) I said 'so be it.' and ended the communication.

Thanks for sharing this. I missed my renewal notice and they charged me full price for six months on the select plan (approx $110 with fees.) I saw a different discussion online that said I could get them to do a year at that price, so I called them at the beginning of this month and they honored it. Today, I went to my account on their site to add the Internet radio service for $4 a month and noticed it said there might be additional fees and taxes in addition to the $4. An Internet search of the actual costs led me here. After reading all the comments, I called them and wound up with All Access for the same price I had negotiated the Select plan down to (the $89 plus fees ~ $115 for the year.) Will be calling them again in eleven months to do it again. Thank you!!! :)

P.S. I really had to play hard ball both times. Multiple threats to cancel and actually had to say 'I don't want to do business with a company that plays games with the prices.' Stay strong and calmly repeat what you want them to do for you and EXACTLY how much you want to pay for it.

Called and got the $89 quote for Select. All Access quote was $119.88 for 1 year or $49.99 for 6 months. I took the 6 month deal and will be on the lookout for specials.

Just got 103.16 with fees. Which is only $3 more than the $89 plus fees from last year. Heck of a lot better than the $204.88 they wanted. No hard ball.

This is a reply to those who explained some of the prices in blog in regards to all access. It is not $89 plus tax for a year that is the Select Plan. All Access is $119 a year plus taxes. All Access gives you everything they offer as well the select plan does vary in channel line ups mostly in regards to sports and howard stern. If you would like Howard stern on the select package, make sure that your radio ID is Sirius which is all numbers no letters. Alot of people have been told that Howard comes on all select packages but due to contractual rights it does not, only the Sirius select package has that. Hope that helps some of you Howard Stern that have been told misinformation. Also a reply to the guest who was on invoice billing and was told it would go to collections, in all honestly, that agent was correct. You must call to cancel or it will still keep going, like your cell phone service as an example. If the charges exceed a certain amount due to time used, then after awhile it would be transferred to a third party to collect for time used. However, specials do go on and specials are radio id specific, so check your emails as well for these promotional mailings as they could be there too. Another savings would be if you had more than one vehicle on an acct, your addtl radios would be elg for a Multi radio discount which means, you could get the Select plan for the same price as mostly music which is 119.99 a year plus fees and taxes which is better than paying 179.88 as a regular price. I hope this does help some. Just make sure that you know you when the renewal is up and that you can get access to the Online Acct Center, it will help with renewal dates as well as managing your subscriptions. That way a renewal charge won't creep up when you least expect it to. :) Happy Friday everyone.

Trial was about to end so I got a notice in the mail offering $17.07/month or $187.81/year after taxes. This was significantly more than the offer my brother received. Called and spoke with an agent who said that was the best they could do. Asked to speak with a supervisor and was placed on hold for 1 hour and 35 minutes. Hung up and called back. A new agent reduced the price to $99 including taxes and fees for the year to be autorenewed at $226 the following year.

I just called and told them the truth that I wanted to know if I could get a deal. The guy on the phone said let me check with my manager. He came back almost immediately and said he could. They gave me a year of Sirius all access for $119.88. After the other fees it came to $135.94. They were very nice and I was only on the phone for 7 minutes

Decided I was going to cancel as we just got a new car and couldn't justify paying for two radios. There is a $40 cancelation fee so the rep told me of a 3 month deal for $19. I renewed for 3 months and asked them to close the account at the end of the 3 months. Saved me $21. I'll call before the end of the 3 months just to be sure though.

I had a problem with them a few years back. I had stroke and they were so aggressive pushing a free month here and there, low discounts for 6 months that I thought were for a year and other 'you have to write a letter to cancel' that would just cave in crying. Then I got better. :D I negotiated a free year after threatening to contact AARP.

Negotiations included best yearly price available for ever after. (right) Yep, got billed for $273.22. They'll give me the special for around $150. They got slick when I pushed for lower price and downgraded the All Access to something less - but at such a great price. Nope, I want All Access. But WAIT! I can take $10 off your bill! (By restarting my contract a month early and crediting me with the balance of the previous year. They were going to 'Give' me my own money.) I said I still had a month left that was paid for - I'd call back and cancel later. To Be Continued...

Be careful. Some representatives are meeting the price you want, but downgrading service. I just had a rep. reduce my price from $273.22 down to $119. Didn't mention that included a downgrade until I had to ask him twice if it was All Access still. Nope. Make sure you double check.

About 5 minutes start to finish. I cut to the chase and told them I had looked online and seen that I could get the All Access package for $119 fees and taxes and said if she could give me that I would sign up right now. She did and I ended up paying $136.54. I tool the advice of some posters and asked to be invoiced because they said if I used my credit card it would auto-renew at $226.66. I am going to pay $2 for invoicing but not having to worry about auto-renewing is worth it to me. I'll just call again in a year when I start to get renewal offers and do it all over again. Could not have been easier.

my radio that was working for months stopped working today. when i called in to try and re-activate, the best offer i was given was $100 for a year.. which isnt too bad, but i feel it's still pricey since i have another radio that works fine.

i turned the offer down.. however if my other radio still works, i'll likely be calling back to activate it.

I called today and said I received my latest bill and wanted to find out if I could get a better plan. I stated that I had seen the one year for $89 on line. The woman took my account info and eventually came back with that offer or the same plan for only 6 months but for $30. I took the 6 months again making it $5 per month. I'll call back in December and do it again. Pain in the butt, but to knock my bill down from $104.44 for 6 months to $30, it's worth a simple phone call. She did ask what I would do if I couldn't get a better rate and I said I would simply cancel...she said, 'right answer'.

1 year for 101.37 w/all fees & taxes, plus waived the fees from the unpaid period.

$58.92 for 2 radios for 6 months. Same plan I had 6 months ago. It is frustrating having to do this every 6 months but at least the customer service people are a LOT better than they were 2 years ago.

I received a first time subscription for my new car and they have 14.99 month, 29.94 for 6 months, and 99.00 for a YEAR
I think ill be doing 6 months since it is 1/3 the years price

I've been XM / Sirius for 10 years, now on 3 cars. None have the same deal, but the highest I'm paying is $28 for 5 months. That's all taxes, etc. I call the day before renewal, and they give me the same deal.

Back