How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

Called today, talked to two different representatives, and a supervisor. Would not give any deal. Wanted me to pay full price or let me go as a customer.

I just called and managed to get an offer All-Access for $119.00 a year ($136 after taxes - includes internet radio). It took about 25 minutes, 2 different reps, and several threats to cancel my service. They also offered All-Access for $50 for 6 months, which came out to about $59.00.

Both deals are pretty decent as a result of the All-Access, just don’t forget to cancel the auto renewal before your deal expires.

Worked for me too! Make sure you tell them you want your card removed from auto-payment... Otherwise they charge you $100 in 6months

My auto renewal notice for $204.88 just arrived. Just called now and got a 1 year renewal for $89 plus taxes and fees. Called 1-888-601-6302

called and right off the bat was offered the $89 tax deal, came out to a total of $120 for the year !

I called to PAY the usual bill of about $200 - the first CSR was such a JERK, he was giving me such a hard time over paying a bill...I got annoyed and told him forget it, and I hung up.....

Then I found this posting - and I got the $99 fees and taxes!!

Called this morning to cancel, received renewal for $204/select which is outrageous. What is the $25 royalty fee suddenly charged! I got the $89/year deal didn't even have to ask. They even started the renewal 6 weeks early and credited me the difference (I think I must had paid a pretty high rate last year).

Called today and got 1 year for 89 dollars. They credited the difference. It took 5 minutes and when I said I wanted to cancel she just offered the 89 dollar rate immediately. I was on hold for 4 minutes for a total phone time of 5 minutes. That is 103 dollars for 5 minutes.

Savings:
103 dollars x 5 minutes x (60 minutes / 1 hour) = $1236 / hour

I wish I could make a living doing this instead of just getting that 103 dollars back to my account.

Ok so I had to ask for a supervisor who did not budge then said ok lets cancel the subscription. Then...that person was willing to adjust the price to the $89 for a year! Be persistent!

I've been with Sirius XM for 5 or 6 years. Every time I renew I get the Select Package for 6 months for $24.99 deal (about $30 with taxes and fees). Also, a word of advise: Remove your credit card from their system and pay with a pre-paid Sirius XM gift card that you can buy from Best Buy. Call about 1 month to 1-1/2 months prior to renewal and tell them you want the deal. Be insistent, and they'll give it to you. Make sure you have the Gift Card in hand to put into the website, or put the gift card code into the system before you call, so they see you have a balance large enough for the plan. It's a pain to do all this, but worth it.

I just called and told them to remove my credit card information and put me in invoice billing. After a short conversation (and the obligatory wait to speak to a manager) they gave me the $89 yearly rate. Total with fees was about $110. Definitely worth the 15 minute call.

Called and relatively quickly got offered $99 for a year which was low enough to stop trying to get lower even though I'm sure I could have.

They initially offered the 1yr/$89 deal but I told them I had a coupon with 6mo/$25. For 12 minutes on the phone I got XM Select - 6 months/$25 ($28.46 after taxes/fees). If needed, the coupon was found at retailmenot.com. I did not have to give the code as the CSR found the deal at the bottom of the list.

Just called to renew the subscription on my two radios and started off by asking if there were any better rates i could get for renewal. She gave me an offer for some 'all access plan' that I tuned out from paying attention to the details of. I said I wasn't interested. She asked if there was a certain plan I had in mind. I asked if I could be back on the same plan I currently was on for both vehicles ($25 fees / 6 months). She said she would need to check with her supervisor. After about 3 - 4 minutes on hold she came back and said she received authorization to go ahead with that plan on my account. We then went through the details of the changes I wanted to make. I stated I still wanted to continue receiving an invoice and pay the $2 invoice fee so I didn't give them my credit card information. All in all the call took about 16 minutes including the time on hold while she spoke with her supervisor.The subscription for both vehicles I will now have to pay is only $54.44 which is both radios at $24.99 (x2) $3.47 (x2 for service fees) - unused current subscription remaining credit of $4.48.

You just need to be nice, courteous, and straight to the point about which plan you would like to be put on. Hope this helps!

My husband's truck is a 2005 model. No satellite compatibility obvious on radio dash. How can we get SiriusXM radio to his vehicle? Thanks.

I got $120 a year plus taxes and fees for the All Access. I also got them to throw in the Traffic.

I called 877-646-0418. The CSR answered by asking how he could help me keep my subscription. I told him about the 6 mos/$24.99 offer. He checked for it and then processed the transaction. Less than 5 mins on the phone. WOO-HOO!

I have been an sirus customer for about 1 year. My renewal was due today. I just called and got 6 month for 25 Tax. Total about $30.86. Good luck

Back