How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

Just renewed two accounts getting $89 /yr deal... Was initially told this was an intro rate only but when I said I would just cancel the two accounts then low and behold they reconsidered and dropped the rate to $89!

Just did this and it totally worked. Said I wanted to cancel when my subscription ran out (which is 4 months from now), was immediately offered 99/year rate which would start today (so i'd get a refund of the remaining 4 months i'd paid for at the higher rate). That was good, but I said it was a still little more than I wanted to pay and said I'd heard there was a 6 month promo rate. Right away the CSR said yes there's that rate and gave me 6 months for $25. Note that if you do the 6 month promo, it'll renew at the full rate (around 90 for 6 months) but CSR said I could call before 6 months is up and ask for a lower rate, so I'm gonna do that. If I had done the 99/year rate it would renew at that rate. But am gonna see if I can keep renewing at 6 months for $25. Thanks for the tip!

After 10 minutes on the phone I got 6 months for $28.46 USD tax included. All I said was I got an offer in the mail, which I didn't.

I just called to cancel my current XM Select 5 Month $24.99 3.12 Royalty Fee plan. When asked why, I said it was because of the renewal price. I was then given the option to renew my current plan for the same price. That works for me!

I did this in 5/17/2015 and this totally worked. Note that this is a different 800 number from the main XM site so it is connected to a different department that can offer the $89/year deal. I would definitely go with the year plan because they are raising rates again in June '15. Thank you so munch you saved me over $100 in renewal fees. My plan was the XM select.

Just called them and before I could even get the words out, I was offered the $89/year rate. I had been charged 2 months ago, so she just extended the subscription.
Why anyone ever pays full price for Sirius is beyond me.

My subscription expired on the 10th, I told them I was going to cancel unless I got the $89/yr rate renewal rate. It worked. Easy.

I literally just got off the phone with a wonderful CSR (lady in Omaha, Nebraska) who agreed to the $89, one year plan after I uttered the word 'cancel'. (My subscription expired today, 5/18/15.) First thing when she answered was I simply asked for the $89/1-year deal I had seen on the Internet as I could not pay the $204.88. She asked me if was going to cancel my subscription and I replied, 'Well, I will have to if I can't get the $89 for one year.' She then said to me, 'I have to hear you say the word 'cancel' before I can offer you the price.' I asked for a paper invoice because I don't want a credit card number on file and she removed the normal $2 fee. She said she didn't want anyone charging anything to her credit card either. My total with fees and taxes is $96.37. I'm good for one more year! Thank you for this website!

I just did this, too. Got the $89 a year price, which comes to $111. It wasn't easy peasy though - I was on the phone for over 25 mins.

Just say you're going to drop and they will crumble.
Ask for the lowest price (not the $89 annual, but the $24.99 5 month)
Don't let them pro-rate and $$$ from your past expiration
Don't let them set you up as an auto renewal at expiration
They will give this all to you.

Amazing how easy this is. They don't try to haggle or change your mind. As soon as you say cancel they offer the 1 yr at $89 and when you say it's still too expensive, the 5 months at $24.99. I was on the phone 2 minutes and already see that the credit has been processed in my account.

Called the above number, and stated I wanted to cancel unless I get a better deal. Immediately offered the yearly special of $89 plus royalty fees. Had everything wrapped up in a few minutes.

Worked for me yesterday 5/18. Called, told them I wanted to renew but at a low price, and they offered me $89/year. I said that was still too much, and then asked them about 6 months for $25. She put me on hold to ask her supervisor, then came back and told I got the deal. So easy!

A few mins ago i called for a renewal rate vs. accepting the $180 yr that kicks in next week. I first mentioned the $89 /yr which they gladly offering then i mentioned the $25 for 6 mo after a bit of back n forth they agreed. Not 5 months but 6 mo.

I do the same, but I never give them a credit card number. Buy a prepaid card at BestBuy and tell them you don't have any credit cards. If they have your credit card number, they will charge you at full rate at the end of 5 months unless you remember to call and cancel.

I tried it and I got an upgrade to all access and they cut the total price in half. WOW

I called the number listed, but it doesn't work for Canadian customers. Was transferred to the Canadian call centre where the guy flat out said they don't offer any such deals. I did my best but finished by ending the call with 'i guess i'll just make due with my iPod'. I then went online, and after looking on a few sites found a promo code which I entered on the XM website and walked away with a $20 for 6month subscription (plus taxes and music royalties it came to $38 and change) which breaks down to $6.44 per month. Who needs customer service reps when we have google!! :-)

Back