How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

glad I looked this up. We have 2 cars with sirius and the total for Sirius Select is $340/year!!! I just spent $15 min on the phone with them and they wouldn't budge. I'll call back next week with this info. My CC expired on the account as well so they
won't get far

I found the same deal plus taxes and fees that added extra $19. Renewal is automatic and at higherr rate though you can negotiate lower rate a renewall. Thank you

With an expired credit card they will still renew you and require that you pay or else be sent to collections.

Just did it. Rep told that my rate of $204/yr is the best out there.
I told her it's too much and that I only listen to 4 stations occasionally and prefer FM anyways.

Then they offered me $99/yr and I told them still too much.
Then they offered me $25/6 months.
I accepted it and asked for paper billing so they can't automatically charge my credit card.
I called the 1-888-601-6302 number and it took me 8 minutes.
Saved $154. Not bad.

Here it is May 9, 2015 and they already 'auto renewed' my subscription at the higher rate. I called them up and reminded them that I NEVER auto renew anything and that I wanted to be refunded the charges and go with the $89/year plan instead. She informed me that as of May 1 2015 there was an increase up to $99/year. Well I totally lost it and told her to proceed with my cancellation. After being on hold for 5 minutes, she came back and offered me the 6 month for $25 plan. I politely jumped on it and will end up getting a $100.71 refund. Happy now for the moment. Oh, I forgot to mention that I got a fluently speaking American from the state of Iowa. That in itself was a bonus!

May 10, 2015, I just got off the phone and was offered 5 months for 25.00 without an issue. They offered it right away along with the annual rate of 89.00. the 5 month offer cannot be doubled right away, they said at the 5 month point to just call up and they should be able to give the same deal.
I also got the travel link option at a reduced rate so my payment was 33.44 with the tax stuff.
Thanks for the help!!

I got a $99 deal too. I did not threaten to cancel. I merely told them about this page. Sidejobr.com

Called the number above and told them their $204.88 for a year of XM Select was too much. Was offered the $89 fees deal right away. Very simple and easy no hassle at all. Thanks

yes, the $89 is the SELECT plan, and ask for FAMILY FRIENDLY - no profanity, and save another 6 or 7 bucks ... very pleasant, no pressure, just asked for the discounted plan. was told no problem, just note that renewals will always be full charge, just call in each year.

I just spoke with them, May 11, 2015, and got the 'we have no current deals', asked to cancel the subscription (we have two different cars on our account and I've never paid full rate, ever and told her so) Magically she said 'let me talk to my supervisor and see what they can do'...2 minute wait and they offered us the $89/yr rate saying this is the last time I can get a promotional rate. I'll be calling early December to renew the other car and I can guarantee I will cancel if I don't get a good deal. I really find this game I have to play with them annoying but I guess if I don't want to pay the 'robbery' rate I have to remember to do this each year. A few minutes worth half price.

Just received a renewal notice for the All Access at $226. Called the 888 number above and got the Sirius Select 6 months for $25 deal just by asking for it. It really is that easy.

I called before my period ended. They offered the $25 6/mo plan after I told them it was too expensive twice. Since they called before the period ended they started the 6/mo plan right away. They also credited the remainder of the $89 plan that was left.

Everything is negotiable with Sirius - I'm on my third renewal - when I get the new bill with the higher rate I call them and tell them to either continue the promotional rate or I will cancel (and I will cancel - it's not a bluff). They quickly agree to the promotional rate. One hint - they do not have my credit card number - i get a bill and either send a check or pay electronically through my bank. I feel like this puts me more in the drivers seat (no pun intended). There is a $2 fee for not using your credit card - but i feel that it's worth it.

Just called when my trail ended. Ask for $24.99 for 6 months. Was told by first rep that there were no promotions going on right now and was offered $14.99 per month. Told him no I would just not have it re-activated. Hung up and redialed. Got another rep which I ask if I could have the 6 months for $24.99. With all fees $28.46 for 6 months! Got it. No mention of it not being available. Thanks for the information

Just called, the CSR (Jane) didn't even hesitate and offered me the $89 package immediately.

Just got off the phone with Sirius. Spoke with a very pleasant man & told him that my new bill total was too high. And I wanted the $89/yr. subscription that I found on this website. It took me less than 5 minutes to get everything taken care of. And I didn't have to threaten to cancel. So nice! All in my total is $108.13 including taxes & fees. So much better than $213.54!

I just called Siriusxm from number sent to me in my email for renewal. Wich was a rate 172.99 The customer service rep said there were not promo's at this time. I am so glad I found this website. The next number I tried was 888-601-6302. They did not argue just renewed my account for 1 yr at 89.99. Such a market for this kind of service.

Currently have the Select plan for $24.99 royalties for 6 months. Renewal was at $87 for 6 months. Call the cancellation number before your subscription expires. Express that the new amount is too much. They may offer you a Music plan at about $50 for 6 months. Refuse and state you want the existing plan at the same rate. The sales person talks to the manager and done. 3 important notes: 1. Make sure you call before your subscription rolls over. 2.Give yourself enough time to make several calls if the first sales person does not work with you. 3. Be willing to cancel.

Back