How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

Worked for me, threatened to cxl annual subscription. Got $88.90 total price for the year.

Just called and got it for 86.49 to be exact...
Can't see paying 200.00 very grateful :)

Just called them at 8:30am. Bill was $204. Told CSR rep this was too expensive for me and she lowered to $89 plus fees for 1 year. I did not have to argue or beg. Took less than 5 minutes on the phone. Well worth it to call and ask.

I called customer service, they wanted to charge me 219.74 for 1 year, I said no, then they said the best they could do was 147.00. I knew this line does not negotiate, then they transferred me to the cancellation line and they offered me 89.95 for 1 year. For the last 4 years this is what I had to do to get the 89.95 price. 219.00 to 89.95 just by saying I will cancel my service. You wonder about their pricing. i feel sorry for the folk that dont know how to do this. Wow...weird business.

I like what you guys are up too. This kind of clever work and exposure! edadffefbkefbdkd

Just hung up. Got 6 months for $25 plus tax ($28 something). Would not give them a credit card so they couldn't auto charge in future. They are sending me an invoice which I will pay by check.
I will renegotiate then. Thanks so much for info. We are retired and enjoy service but it is a luxury not necessary.

Just called. Was first offered $89.95 for one year. I asked for 6 months for $24.99 fees and they said no problem. Well worth the 5 mins on the phone. Agreed it is a very bizarre business model.

I called and threatened to cancel my subscription because they wanted to charge me $204 to renew but instead of offering me the $89 promotion, the CSR went ahead and cancelled my plan. I guess I should call again and talk to another CSR!

I was just called a liar when I said I know people have gotten $100 a year for the all access. You would think they would be nicer when they have competition from Spotify and Pandora. Let's see what customer service offers me next.

Just called. My one car's subscription was going to be about $200 before. I got the $89/yr rate plus music fees and taxes for a total of $108.36. Also re-upped my second car's subscription for another year for the same rate although it was not due to expire until Jan (got credit for the unused amount). So now BOTH cars are good until May 1, 2016. I will call back just shy of 1 year!.

I just got off the phone and was given a wonderful deal for both of my vehicles. Absolutely worth calling

If you have a CitiBank credit card you can use their virtual credit card service. After you log into your account you get a one time credit card number which lets you set the maximum dollar value and expiration date. It's really quick. Once the XM CSR gives me the amount I enter it into the Citibank App and I get the new virtual credit card number in seconds. It's dollar limited so they can't use it next year.

I renewed for 5 months at 30.33 including fees and taxes. I think I got one day off credit not sure. They said they couldn’t do my 5 month deal again and I said to cancel He said he would talk to his supervisor, came back with 50% off for one year. Total with fees and taxes 108 which = $9 per month. I said no and he said I can do your last deal again for 5 months 24.99 fees and taxes=30.33, comes to 6.066 per month.
Auto renew is 42.88 for 3 months=14.29 per month!

Bottom line…call before it autorenews.

This is my 2nd go round getting $20 for 5 months for a total of 22 bucks and change with taxes and fees. I did it the first time when my free trial end. This time when I called I asked what the best deal is right now since my current deal is up. He asked if was 'considering cancelling due to the price' I said yes. He then asked if I was interested in the 89/year deal. I asked if I could continue the same deal I have now which he honored.

I had to call twice and got someone who would give me the 5 months at 30.33 after telling her that I only wanted a 6 month deal. And wanted to spend $25.00. well worth the second call. Thank you for this site!!!

I had the $89 deal last year. This year's renewal subscription was $206. I called the 1-888 number above and requested the same rate as last year. I was told that rate was a special introductory rate and the current rate was $206. I replied that I then wanted to cancel my subscription. The CSR asked if I could hold. When he came back on-line I was offered the $89 1 year deal that I had last year.

Just called in in response to my trial expiration (new vehicle). The 'specials' they're sending out with the expiration notices are only for Select service, whereas I want All Access (streaming and Howard Stern being the difference). The Select offer was $30 for six months. I got $49.99 for six months of All Access BUT opted for a paper bill. I don't want them having my CC info and am okay with the $2 statement fee. We'll see what happens in December when the six months are up.

I just got off the line with a CSR. She offered me the all access package including the Travel Link with NAV Traffic and NAV Weather for $144 for one year. Plus, gave me the previous 3 months for free and applied what I already paid to the new plan. Only spent around 20 minutes on the phone. Next time I will try for a better rate. Thanks for the tip. Keep up the great work. Jim

Back