How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

I called to cancel the subscription that I had gotten a year ago for 105.00 . They had sent a renewal cost of 204.00. I said that was too much and he lowered it twice but the last offer was supposedly 75% off and I got 6 mo. For 25.00. I am happy again!

Many good comments here.

My rate went from $5/mo to more than $13/mo when they automatically renewed me in Feb without notification (partly my fault because I let them keep my cc info and I forgot to set up a reminder for myself to make 'the call').

I just called and got the 6 month / $25 deal. I wasn't able to get the royalty fee waived -- though I'm impressed that someone here did. This time I had SiriusXM remove my credit card info from their records after this transaction so they will have to contact me at renewal next time. At first I was told there would be a $2 invoice fee as a result. I asked if the fee could be waived if they bill me by email. The rep then said that because I live in NY there will be no invoice fee (apparently it's not allowed by the state -- thanks Attorney General Schneiderman!).

I hate having to go through this every 5 or 6 months. I'm not willing to pay more for XM than $5 or $6 a month for XM -- it's not worth it to me. Unless they offer a $5/mo rate for a full year subscription, they'll eventually lose me as a customer. I'll switch to streaming via my iPhone in my car.

$138.54 all access including paper billing- transferred to supervisor who also cancelled the $15 charge that had accumulated at higher rate since auto renewal date 3 wks ago.
Pretty easy process!

Honestly I didn't need this but maybe it will help someone else smh ! I got mines renewed again for 25 bucks 6 months with fees total is $31.05 which is better

I called the number and let them know my trial on new car was up next month and it was too expensive. I want to Cancel. They responded sure, no problem and cancelled my account.

Coming off the free trial period, had a mailed offer for 6 months-$29.94 fees = $34.10. Called 888-601-6302 and got the 6 months-$24.99 fees = $28.46 Your right, not worth more than $4.00-$5.00/month

I called today 4/20/15 - I had used up my 3 month free sub last year. I simply asked for the 6 months for 24.99 deal, the CSR ask for my ESN, in 5 mins he said your good and we will paper bill you. Grand Total $30.84 for 6 months. I'll take it.

I work there, and also. You tried cancelling a trial? You're an idiot. We don't have any issue with cancelling a free service. If you have a paid FULL PRICE service, we'll offer you a promotional rate.

I refuse to give them my phone number and they wont renew the service. They do an automatic renew of the regular rate

Called the above number tonight and just said my renewal ($204.88) seemed high, and asked if there was any promotions. Got the $89 rate ($105.52 with fees). Didn't have to threaten to cancel at all.

Just called and was quickly given the $89 plus tax and fees for 12 months full access. was originally billed $200. Ill take it.

Thank you all for your comments. They really help. When I called yesterday to get the 6months, the guy wouldn't bite. I was determined to call again today but I read additional comments on what to say and I just came out and said I have a 3 month free trial that expires in 19 days and I would like the 6 months for $25.00 She said ok! Didn't want them to have my credit card info, so I requested the paper invoice for $2.00. Total $30.46 for six months with tax, fees and invoice...Thanks again!!!

called and got a deal for all access for $140/year including all fees. they made me say that' i'd cancel if i didn't receive a discount before making the offer, but were quick to process the lower rate...easy.

I'm sorry...but why are people getting all excited about paying $89 for a year, when you can call them to 'cancel' and insist on canceling until they give you $25 for 6 months....with taxes it's still about 30 bucks less than $89 (plus tax) for a year. Simple math...unless it's the new Core math...

A Sirius customer service rep called out of the blue and offered me a $99 rate and I accepted it, before coming across this site. Oh, well, at least it was a savings over the current billing package!!!

You are a genious. I logged on just to find a number for Sirius xm because my radio wasn't working properly. I found this site and watched the video and figured, what the heck, I'm all about saving money so I gave it a try. I found out I was paying $21 and some odd cents per month and didn't even have the all access plan. I nearly came unglued. I wasn't even going to negotiate, I was so mad. But by the time I was done I got a new radio under warranty which should have been the case any way but then I got 5 months for 24.13 all taxes and everything included. That's $4.82 per month. That's one fifth the amount I was paying. I don't know who you are but a very big thank you to you and GOD bless you.

That actually worked out for me too yesterday. Thanks for sharing. $42 and change for 6/12 due to prorated charges of $13 from past due service that rolled over. Overall, not a bad deal.

I just got Select 6 months for $23.33 including all taxes by calling to renew a few days before my expiration date. The Agent started at list of $165yr tx to $89yr tx to $23.33 6mo. out the door by saying it's too much I'll just cancel after each offer.

Didnt work for me. I called 2 times- i cancelled. Waiting to see if they bother to call. Dont even get the 10$ discount for more than one account.

Back