How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

Just called after getting my trial expiration/renewal card in the mail. Said my 1 year renewal was going to be $201.43 after fees/taxes. I told them that I was not going to be renewing my services and I was also going to cancel my husbands service while I had them on the phone. A very nice young lady came back after putting me on hold for a few minutes. She said she could do a one-year renewal on both vehicles for a total of $108.72 which included fees/taxes. Needless to say, I took that offer and ran with it and got both of my vehicles renewed until next April!! :-)

I got 6 months for $24.99 (with taxes and royalty fees, about $30.00). I've been doing it for at least 5 years with no problems at all.

Took me about 4 minutes. Got offered the $25 for 5 month deal. All I had to say was 'If I can't get a better rate I may have to cancel.' The CSR seemed to be pushing me towards using the word cancel based on her question 'If you can't get a better rate what will you need to do?' Super easy! The new rate is already applied on my account. Thank you!!

Called the retention line. 888-601-6296 told them I wanted the same deal I had last time 6 months for 24.99. Done. no haggling. She did offer me 1 yr for $89, but I turned it down as I've been getting the 6 months for 24.99 deal for the last TWO YEARS ! it's worth the ten minutes on the phone to save the money. DO NOT give them your credit card number ! Always do the one time charge and ask for a paper bill. This allows you to know when to call and 'negotiate' your rate again without them hitting a CC on file.

I got the all access XM plan for 1 year for $100. This includes fees and taxes. At first they were including my refund from the balance of my current plan, so it really was about $120. I told them I wanted my refund and then the year all access for $100.

Was on the phone for less than 10 minutes- got $89/year deal. Didn't even say the word 'cancel'-just asked if they could give me a better deal than the $179 price I was billed. Well worth the call!

I was offered the 5 months at $27.90 or the $89 for a year when I called to cancel. No hassle whatsoever.

first.. i am a real person, select package, second it takes 10 minutes.. be firm, tell them u are cancelling, they ask if due to cost.. yes they offer 2 packages 89 for a year or 5 for 25.. no i want 6 for 25 and fees waived.. they go away for 5 minutes and come back with 'of course'... same deal 2 years running. best 10 mins you will spend all day.

Call this number 888-601-6296! You have to tell them that you want to cancel and then you will be transferred to someone else who will offer you a much better deal. I tried to get a better price from the first person and there was no budging whatsoever until I told her to go ahead and cancel the subscription then I was transferred!

Asked for All Access Deal. Offered $50/ 6 months or $120/ 1 year PLUS FEES. Asked for $100/year. Put on hold for 3 minutes. Rep came back offering me $100 for 1 year INCLUDING taxes and fees. Deal!

Worked for me today, 04.15.15.

Called as a new subscriber, and after listening to the accented individual try a sales pitch for a few minutes on the $9.95/month plan, put the kibosh on that spiel and nailed down the $25/6 month deal, including free activation. No code numbers or real details required. Will call again just prior to the 6 month period and cancel unless I can get the same deal.

Paper billing $2/extra, but that's worth it to me...

Today, 4-16-15, called 888-601-6296, followed the voice menu to cancellation, Customer Service came on, said I wanted to cancel, as he was looking up my account I said 'if you can hook me up with the 6 months for $24.99 we got a deal'. He said you are currently on the $25 for 5 months special, but I will check and see if we have that deal available. Waited on hold for 4 minutes and he came back and said I got it.

Boom! Just locked in 1 yr for $89.
Call to cancel. Tell them its because of the price.
They will instantly start with offers. Keep going and pushing. They will leave to check with their supervisors and come back and approve your rate. I had a previous bill of $45 they waived it if I took a full year for $89. I bit. I like it, but I'm not paying $200/year for it.

I have a vehicle that the trial period was ending . So I called 888-601-6296 told themI was interested in a better rate that was on my letter. Held for 5 minutes, car came back and offered $118 for a year. I told him I had read online that they had a promotion for 6 months for $25. He said he would check, back on hold for 5 minutes. Came back and told me he could offer me that. Come to around $30/6 months with fees Asked for the paper bill (extra $2, keeps them from charging automatically) good to go.

Just got All Access for a year........$138.54. Totally a new customer, the first rep wouldn't budge from $199.00 as a new customer.

Called again, told him I was a new customer and did not want to pay full price since I keep seeing great deals on the internet.

$138.54....everything including paper billing. Might have gotten a better deal if I tried to negotiate..........oh well.

New customer.

Just called 888-601-6296 and asked for cancellation department. When she said she could help me, I told her I have 3 radios and wanted to cancel all three subscriptions because I have been unable to get them to combine them all on one account. She said she could help me and also renew them at the rate of $89/yr for each one. They prorated the subscriptions and credited the time left on all three (3 days on one, a month on another and 3 months on another). No questions asked.

My new car's trial was ending today so I gave this a shot. Surprisingly it worked. The total after tax and fee was $107.96, but I opted for the paper bill instead of giving my credit card over the phone. With that option it turned out to be $110.10 total for the 1 year option. I didn't want to have to deal with this again 6 months from now so I did the 1 year option.

Back