Disney World

cam

Soldier of the Cross
Reaction score
My family will be going to Disney World in May and I know there are some of you here that have visited Disney World before. I am wanting to know if anyone has suggestions for good resturants on the Dinsney World property.

It's been a long time, but essentially disney food is very expensive and mot very good.
I don't know if it's still there, but there used to be a restaurant in Cindarella's castle, actual food, real plates, flatware, glasses, etc. You have to make reservations very early in the day if you want to eat there.
Some of the restaurants in Epcot were OK as well

It's been a long time, but essentially disney food is very expensive and mot very good.
I don't know if it's still there, but there used to be a restaurant in Cindarella's castle, actual food, real plates, flatware, glasses, etc. You have to make reservations very early in the day if you want to eat there.
Some of the restaurants in Epcot were OK as well

I tired to get a reservation there and unfortunately there was not anything available the entire week we are going to be there. :sad:

My suggestion would be to plan of going outside the park for at least one meal a day.
The decompression will do you good.

We ate at a character's breakfast at one of the hotels....it was wonderful. We stuffed ourselves like piggies. I'd have to look up the name of the hotel...I've forgotten. We tried to get in at RainForest Cafe, but my son (3 at the time) had a meltdown when he saw the big apes. Realize this restaurant isn't exclusive to Disney...but the food looked good (what little we saw of it).

Dan is right. It is best to leave the park at least one meal a day. I myself wouln't even bother eating in the park as the food is very overpriced and not at all worth the money. There are many eateries located in the general vacinity that are very reasonable and if you just want to do the "theme resteraunt" thing, take a run down International Drive and check out all the resteraunts. I haven't lived in Orlando in 12 years so I am sure things have changed but MrsK2002 still lives in Kissimmiee so she would probably be better set to help you out.

Thanks to everyone for the info. It is greatly appreciated.

I tired to get a reservation there and unfortunately there was not anything available the entire week we are going to be there. :sad:

Call everyday.

We're going in March. We got a reservation for Dinner at Cinderella's Castle (and breakfast at the castle in Norway in Epcot), but we called everyday until someone must have cancelled and we picked up their spot.

We did the dining package. We're staying at the Wilderness Villas. We took advantage of the BUY 4 GET 3 free deal. IT was going to be $1000 less going in March with the deal than waiting until December of this year to go.

We always ate at the restaurant above It's a Small World ride, I think it's Pinoccio's house. Everyplace is expensive in there, so we would eat breakfast before we went, then ate lunch there. We learned not to go when it's lunch time, go a little before or a little after to avoid lines.
Hope that helps, we haven't been there for probably 6 years.

Have fun :)

I was planning on looking into a disney vacation package for this summer as well. It will be Myself, my wife and my 8yr old daughter. Where did you get your tickets? Any deals. We went several years ago and I bought a park hopper pass for 4 days and stayed inside the resort.

I was planning on looking into a disney vacation package for this summer as well. It will be Myself, my wife and my 8yr old daughter. Where did you get your tickets? Any deals. We went several years ago and I bought a park hopper pass for 4 days and stayed inside the resort.

We booked our vacation through the Disney website. We also took advantage of the buy 4 get 3 for free deal they have been advertising. The pricing with the dining plan was actually not as bad as I thought it was going to be. We will be going in May. We are very excited. This will be our first time going to Disney World.

I could go on forever about Disney since I've been there so much :blushing:, but I'll try and keep it brief.

It really depends on your budget, if you're on the dining plan and what you're looking for in a restaurant.

If you want character meals and buffets, I'd recommend Crystal Palace (for Pooh characters); Liberty Tree Tavern (for Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, although I thought I heard they may not have characters anymore either soon or recently). If however the food stays the same at Liberty Tree (e.g., ham, turkey, real mac & cheese etc.), it is very good. Cinderella's Castle is good, but as you found out difficult to get in. I believe you can make reservations as far as 90 days out and it used to be if you call 91 days out or even late morning on day 90th day, it might be sold out. Probably my new favorite though is the Cinderella Happily Ever After Dinner in the Grand Floridian. It has a wonderful variety of food and Cinderella, Prince Charming and the amusing stepsisters and stepmother are there.

For fancier dining, California Grill in the Contemporary, Coral Reef in Epcot and Boma in the Animal Kingdom Lodge are excellent. But if you like steak, Le Cellier in Canada in Epcot is THE BEST (although EXTREMELY difficult to get in).

For on the run meals, most of the Disney park restaurants are basically the same menu and price wise, although Pinocchio Village Haus and Pecos Bill in Magic Kingdom; Pizza Planet in Disney Studios; Electric Umbrella in Epcot and Restaurantosaurus (aka McDonalds) and Pizzafari in Animal Kingdom are usual lunch stops.

BTW here's a great site for Disney menus with prices.

I hope that helps a little and have fun!!!!

Yep, my family works for Disney.Eat off walt Disney World property because it is very expensive.

I could go on forever about Disney since I've been there so much :blushing:, but I'll try and keep it brief.

It really depends on your budget, if you're on the dining plan and what you're looking for in a restaurant.

If you want character meals and buffets, I'd recommend Crystal Palace (for Pooh characters); Liberty Tree Tavern (for Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, although I thought I heard they may not have characters anymore either soon or recently). If however the food stays the same at Liberty Tree (e.g., ham, turkey, real mac & cheese etc.), it is very good. Cinderella's Castle is good, but as you found out difficult to get in. I believe you can make reservations as far as 90 days out and it used to be if you call 91 days out or even late morning on day 90th day, it might be sold out. Probably my new favorite though is the Cinderella Happily Ever After Dinner in the Grand Floridian. It has a wonderful variety of food and Cinderella, Prince Charming and the amusing stepsisters and stepmother are there.

For fancier dining, California Grill in the Contemporary, Coral Reef in Epcot and Boma in the Animal Kingdom Lodge are excellent. But if you like steak, Le Cellier in Canada in Epcot is THE BEST (although EXTREMELY difficult to get in).

For on the run meals, most of the Disney park restaurants are basically the same menu and price wise, although Pinocchio Village Haus and Pecos Bill in Magic Kingdom; Pizza Planet in Disney Studios; Electric Umbrella in Epcot and Restaurantosaurus (aka McDonalds) and Pizzafari in Animal Kingdom are usual lunch stops.

BTW here's a great site for Disney menus with prices.

I hope that helps a little and have fun!!!!

Thanks for the info Big Daddy!

Back